71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im having big probs finding somewhere that'll do it Chris.

Stripped off the drivers door card to fix the door stop which had decided to give up the ghost, pleasently surprised at how clean it is :mrgreen:

001-6.jpg

002-7.jpg

Table leg arrived today so i fitted it up, think i'll revarnish the table though, not completely happy with it. :?

004-5.jpg

Just need to give it a good clean inside and out before the Battlesbridge show now.

:mrgreen:

so what sort of problem are thay having?

Chris

P.S I will be at Battlesbridge with lost souls

dubscum said:
love your work stu! but i think you need a longer/bigger table top

i think you're right mate, this is the second one ive made and im still not happy with it, something not quite right with it.

Chris, so far its been that the newer tracking gear needs to fit on the rear wheels too which they cant do so i need somewhere with the older stuff

yeah im going to see if i can blag Tims ramp for a few hours at some point and notch the back slightly, doesn't need to be much. Hopefully see you Sunday mate.

chrisritchie said:
I am toying with the idea of tubing the front arches :msn4: :lol:

Do it!!!! the Slamwerks bay is one of the best tubbed busses i've seen if your looking for some insperation :mrgreen:

Had a quality day with the family at VW Battlesbridge today, caught up with loads of old mates and made a quite a few new ones.

005-tiltshift1.jpg

They say a camera adds 10lbs, there were at least 8 pointing at me when this pic was taken :roll:

4611753487_aa58eaaf1c.jpg

001-7.jpg

My two little monkies, who actually asked if we can camp there next year, result! :mrgreen:

003-9.jpg

hello mate - sorry couldn't have a decent chat but everytime i went to go and speak to you
, you had a large crowd round you talking bus :D

anyway the van looked smart in the display area

also have a quick question - are you running spax shocks, if so whats the ride like, i'm having a little trouble with tyre rub when the van is fully loaded (and the wife in the front ;) :D ) and think these babies will help out

what you reckon??

dagboyblue said:
hello mate - sorry couldn't have a decent chat but everytime i went to go and speak to you
, you had a large crowd round you talking bus :D

anyway the van looked smart in the display area

also have a quick question - are you running spax shocks, if so whats the ride like, i'm having a little trouble with tyre rub when the van is fully loaded (and the wife in the front ;) :D ) and think these babies will help out

what you reckon??

i know mate i got my cloth out to polish but never got a chance, catching up with old mates and answering random questions from people :lol:

Ive got stock shocks at the front and Spax adjustables at the back.

If you're rubbing when fully loaded, adjustables would be ideal for your van, definately worth considering.

Today i used the van as it was intended for the first time since changing the interior around. Cracking day :mrgreen:

Found a sweet spot with no other bugger about, class!

185-2.jpg

170-2.jpg

Scraped our way down the unmade road, parked up with a picnic and chilled out 8)

193-1.jpg

175-1.jpg

171-2.jpg

188.jpg

:D

Sweet Stu absolutly loving your bus , Are you gonna pop up to Alive n V Dubbing show in Suffolk in 3 weeks be ace to see this there 8)

Grazy said:
Sweet Stu absolutly loving your bus , Are you gonna pop up to Alive n V Dubbing show in Suffolk in 3 weeks be ace to see this there 8)

Cheers dude, yeah that sounds good, have to check what the other halfs working :D

Decided to narrow the second hand front seat today that will fit between the two existing front seats.

279-2.jpg

Had to take 230mm out of the width, the 'oh shit what have i done moment!'

280.jpg

Tacked together and test fitted

283.jpg

Welded up, ground back, rejigged the springs etc and painted, just need to get it covered to match the others now.

285.jpg

:mrgreen:

Narrowed seats are going to be the next big thing! ;)

That is some really cool work. Love the bus