71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chrisritchie said:
Nice to meet you today mate

Chris

Good to meet you too mate.

A future dubber in the making :mrgreen:

004-1.jpg

Now with the parcel shelf in the right way round :roll:

Had a cracking time today, me, my bus and my boy Charlie, for me it doesnt get musch better than that :mrgreen:

015-4.jpg

I think he loved it just about as much as me, saw his Nan, went to my mates VW shop for a chin wag then on to feed the ducks and play on the swings in the park, great times! :mrgreen:

A 30min job to change my front shocks today turned in to a 6hour job that involved a welder, grinder etc etc and im still no further on really :roll:

So i took some photos to console myself.

1e18d81dd9b0308ffa4a3822af56638a-ou.jpg

138.jpg

141.jpg

139.jpg

:)

Grazy said:
what front shocks you runnin Stu ??

Herein lies my problem.

Im running the stock front shocks at the moment - the rides good, no rubbing or bottoming out and pretty comfortable.

I decided to update today them with some new stock shocks but as i found out after fiiting them, making spacers etc they dont compress to nearly the same length :roll: . So god only knows what they are, the part number indicates front shocks, but i may end up with trying rear shocks or plum for spax adjustables.

That was no help i know.

So having decided on the look for the rear area i started dismantling the interior.

001-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

The n/s quater window has had an occasional small leak for a while now, after i'd wipped out the middle seat and floor mat i was faced with a sodden card underlay.

004-2.jpg

Which as i suspected had started to become a little crusty.

005-1.jpg

After being sanded, hoovered, masked and panel wiped i layed some colour matched paint on.

006.jpg

007-5.jpg

:)

Looking sic Stu, lovin' the skate stickers in the back and the bumper trim :mrgreen: the little touches have made it look rad :D

Cheers mate, interior is coming together now, should have a few people scratchin there heads not knowing if its a stock deluxe option ;)