71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Johnny and Easy :mrgreen:

dagboyblue said:
whats your interior plans stu? or is hush hush ;)

will it be ready for battlesbridge??

Should be ready for Battlesbridge dude, not hush hush just been slack at getting pics up ;)

I love my vans interior, its in great nick and has done me and the family proud, i just felt we'd use it more if it was a bit more family friendly.

Having spoken to a few people i'd decided the best way to sort the interior would be to make it look as stock as possible, I wanted people to see it and wonder if maybe it had been an optional extra on the Deluxe.

With the middle seat out and floor painted a new ply floor was cut and fitted with insulation stuck on the underside.
008-2.jpg

Some new ribbed black matting was cut and fitted along with a new MDF seat end panel.
012-7.jpg

Which was covered in stock looking letherette and 3 wicker baskets fitted under the repositioned seat and a polished edging strip was made and duly buffed!
007-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

Now the middle seat had been turned around it was no longer a walk through, so a middle seat was needed. However with buddy seats selling for a premium and Bluebird Customs seat selling for £75 i thought i'd make one.

A trip to see the local old scrap metal dude (his yard has to be seen to be believed) netted me 12ft of thick walled bar for £3. Bargain!
001-4.jpg

A bit of grinding and welding later
002-5.jpg

Which was welded together and sprayed to form a buddy seat frame
010-4.jpg

The plan now is to take the wooden buddy seat cushion bases and get them trimmed in identical fabric to other seats. Then i need to make and trim a full width capping to go behind the front seats and then make a suitably 'Deluxe' table for the rear along with fitting the new Rock and Roll hinges that arrived from Dave the other day. Oh and just to say everything has been done using existing holes etc, as i didnt want to start drilling holes in everything and spoiling it ;)

Hope you like it :)

stu your interiors just how i want to do mine, but your's is better and delux ......... and orginal ........ and a walk through ........ but other then that just how i want to do mine :D

dubscum said:
stu your interiors just how i want to do mine, but your's is better and delux ......... and orginal ........ and a walk through ........ but other then that just how i want to do mine :D

:lol: Cheers Ash

Frame bolted in
004-3.jpg

And fitted with seat bases, just need to sort a local trimmer now
003-6.jpg

:)

Interiors nearly sorted

005-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

Bought myself a faulty secondhand 80's stereo, fixed it, cleaned it and hooked up the ipod for when we're camping

003-7.jpg

Also made and covered a temporary buddy seat that looks pretty shite tbh, but theres an earlybay seat winging its way to me that'll strip, narrow and get professionally get covered to match the others.

009-4.jpg

Just need to fit the table leg to the table ive made and fit the RR hinges to the back seat

004-4.jpg

Hopefully it still looks pretty stock but far more useable for me and the family

:msn4:

airport runs ? :lol: i have a 3 seater bench up front, 3 in the rear and i'm gonna put anther 2 in facing the rear. I have been doing this (doing nothing) for agers you've done yours in weeks :oops: