71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi stu i met you at alive and dubbin and you gave me a tour of your bay,awesome bus...
I was just wondering what hinges you where going to use on your bench seat to turn it into a bed??normal rock and roll or Z hinges???
jj

jjbay79 said:
hi stu i met you at alive and dubbin and you gave me a tour of your bay,awesome bus...
I was just wondering what hinges you where going to use on your bench seat to turn it into a bed??normal rock and roll or Z hinges???
jj

Hello mate, theyre z hinges that fit straight on the original rear seat, bought straight from this guy, they did a feature in Volksworld or Camper and Bus,

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=3902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So New Year and having booked Ninove i've started getting my arse in gear. First off was to fit the rear seat hinges to convert it into a bed. Being a Deluxe its not ideal in that to put the seat flat i need to remove the rear arm rests and the chrome seat rail, but it wont be used that often so its just a case of 10 screws to undo before its used :?

bed.jpg

just need to crack on with the rest of my 'to do list' whilst using it still as a daily :D

Totally impractical, I'll do anything just to be difficult Ash ;)

Airtime said:
Really looking forward to seeing this one 'in the metal' in Ninove! 8)

Cheers mate, just bare in mind photos probably make it look better than it actually is :?

All fitted, once i get a cushion for above the engine bay it'll be pretty comfy actually :D

interior.jpg

just need to crack on with the rest of the list :roll:

dagboyblue said:
looking good stu 8)

try sticking a futon matress over the top it will keep it flat and comfy - also packs up nice and neat :D

used it in my early bay

good thinking dude, long time no speak how are those SA's you bought?

removed the old cab mat and kick panels that were properly knackered, cleaned, waxed and anchor waxed the cab floor.

198-1.jpg

New kick panels and carpet (until i find a proper rhd ribbed mat)

202.jpg

Where id fitted the new rock and roll hinges it had raised the seat by half an inch or so and formed a gap between the trim panel and underside of the rear seat, so a new panel was cut and covered.

203-1.jpg

Out and about early this morning whilst taking photos

018A.jpg

070-2.jpg

069-1.jpg

Gradually working through the to do list, rear notching, service, exhaust and new starter motor next :roll: :D

Justin & Muttley said:
61 stu said:

Is the box in the passenger footwell home made? Is it for your partner? I was thinking of something similar for my missus (5 foot nothing!) as her feet don't touch the floor!

;)

yeah i think so, the original owner before me must have made it, its actually really well made with a lid for extra storage.

hi stu,
ive got the z hinges too , i use a old style red and blue airbed on the bed as them blue new type ones drive you mental as every time you move they squeak like hell vinyl against vinyl , heres a link to the type i got
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gelert-Double-Rubberised-Cotton-Airbed-Mattress-NEW-/290452722584?pt=Beds_Mattresses&hash=item43a054d398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with regards to the rear under seat panel i juberlee clipped a bit of broom stick on the three legs so i could keep the og panel

your van rocks by the way , its got some awesome bits on it step, speakers and chrome trim etc, what do think about reversing the middle seat? has it worked out well ? whats your thoughts ?

regards
chris

Cheers Chris for the compliments

Airbed's a good idea, although now ive made a rear cushion to go over the engine area its actually pretty comfy.

Turning the middle seat around is probably the best thing ive done, works way better for us as a family if we're camping and especially if we're just having a picnic with the roof open and the table up. its tdeal for putting your feet up too ;)

airbeds are rubbish in buses. We used one on a mdf rock and roll bed in march, it was freezing the cold are came through the van, mdf and cooled the air in the air bed it was so cold it was unreal (no heating in the bus and a 8 month old baby) was unreal how cold it was. Still have no heating and have slept in -2 but now have a foam bed and it was red hot under the covers

Ive just spent a good hour reading and looking at thread!
I love the stance, wheels, colour and the sign writing it looks awesome. Hopefully I'l get to see it in the flesh at a show.
Luke

krusty said:
Ive just spent a good hour reading and looking at thread!
I love the stance, wheels, colour and the sign writing it looks awesome. Hopefully I'l get to see it in the flesh at a show.
Luke

cheers Luke, always nice to know its appreciated :)

Latest posts