71 DUMobile drive rebuild-- now FOR SALE--

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o sh!t are you ok?looks like youve got your work cut out to?yeh i keep thinkig of pulling up next to the beach!might get cracking on the interior this week as ive got all the patterns saughted for it!and the material just need to knock up the seats etc at work!thanks for the comments tho! ;)

Well done on getting a Dormy - best conversion I'd say (war starts :wink: ).

Plenty of work going on there so well done and will be worth it when you have finished.

Keep the pics coming :D

gninnam said:
Well done on getting a Dormy - best conversion I'd say (war starts :wink: ).

Plenty of work going on there so well done and will be worth it when you have finished.

Keep the pics coming :D
Agreed I love a resto thread with plenty of pictures :mrgreen:

cheers guys yeh i think it is to!its good to know you guys want to see it progress!will get you some pics of the material samples and styles this week that im going to do!next weekend should be pictures of the engine all welded up and sprayed so i will keep you all posted!

thanks again

Lots of graft going on keep it alive, what ever you do don't try cleaning the headlnier unless you want to replace it I gave mine a gentle clean and stuck my hand straight through it!!!

Goodluck with the rebuild....

yeh iam not sure about the hedliner at the mo ive got the material for the back but the front is different story!ive got something up my sleve that i might try!iam an upholsterer so want to do my best with the van :) thanks guys...o yeh and the drivers side back arch where the shock is all that is being plated up today and the floor on the drivers side should be finished by monday!will get pics next weekend for you all! ;)

well its been a while so a little update.no pics but will be next weekend.Right well all rear end totally finished now engine bay resprayed and engine back in.
rear lights re-wired
inner rear arches stone chipped and undersealed
all new belly pan on middle underneath
i had a slight problem with both doors lining up!thought might just be hinges and blots but then...realised the van had a new front cross member last year before i got it, it must ahve been tack welded inplace whilst the van was jacked up on 1side.this put the whole front of the van out!twisted the front chassis section.so this has been cut and re-welded so its all straight and rust free!
A and B pillars rewelded as these were out also.
front screen out new channel welded in just a little bit to finish on one side.
drivers side of the front panel all rebuilt just passenger side to do.
Front arches ready for new skins and inner and outer steps and then i think all the welding will be done.
i will put some pictures up next weekend.

ive also startes on the interior.just a little retrim ;)

o also the last rear roof pics you see are before we started poking around and ended welding new rear corner roof sections in.
hoping for bug jam now not in paint but primer
who else is going??

2003_0101za0005.jpg

start of the trimming-rear panel

cheers it wil look good when its all done.so busy at work never have time to do trimming of my own :?

Wheres best to get vinyl probably need at least 10m to cover the cards and interior bits etc????

well i get my stuff from work but i will get numbers and websites for you on tuesday when im back in!where do you get your candy stripe from?

Great that'd be appreciated.... The candy stripe pop top cover was bought through Dormobile directly, seems very good quality..

got lots more done and lots more pictures just struggling to get them on the computer at the moment so will do when i can!hopefully this weekend!will i make it tio bugjam :s

Latest posts