71 ,microbus sunroof,crystal,got new pics of her outside

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pando

Reaction score
bought this van when first moved to nz about for years ago and decided start her resto when she failed her mot/wof about a year ago
P5210078-2.jpg

P5210083.jpg

think i might need iner front panel
26june08017.jpg

i wonder why my fuse box kept filling up with water
november07017.jpg

some cunning po did a realy bad job on this door,can you see the repair!
26june08019-1.jpg

P5210083.jpg

dont want to decive any one some of the pics and progress on this van has happened over the past year inner front panel done with a few welding dances. ouch the spater is in my shoe dance if you know what i mean !
26june08026.jpg

Looking good 8) love it when things finally get some colour :D

im pretty much where your at in that first pic 8)

how long did the filler/primer take you so far?

been working on the van for just over year now.just had some trouble with heat warp on passenger door. removing the black and red paint was a major tasks as po had painted around the door shuts with a paint brush ah sore fingers rubing all the little bits stuck in corners. front doors nearly done and only sliding door left.

roof ready for paint
kombiroof002.jpg

kombiroof003.jpg

got garage up to a nice heat with help from the work lamps
kombiroof005.jpg

new zealand standard safety boots on and ready for painting
kombiroof006.jpg

breathing and safety hat on
kombiroof007.jpg

one white roof took three days to get smell out of house
kombiroof010.jpg

kombiroof012.jpg

my other van is a 70 .this van is a 71 american spec so has disc brakes and a servo good brakes better than the drums brakes on my 70 that stop when they feel like it :D

pando said:

NIce bus, just been building my bus back together and having problems getting the quarter windows in the van frame, did you use new quarter rubbers or did you use the originals as I have new rubbers but can't get them to fit in the van.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Latest posts