72 bay runs and idles ok but won't Rev

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arney

Reaction score
Hello I have a 72 crossover with a 1600 dp
Just been rebuilt new Pistons and barrels electronic ignition with single carb managed to get it started it idles ok timing is fine but won't build up rpm it starts to splutter and pops then just cuts out. I have rebuilt the car and changed the float but still no good any ideas?

Sounds like fuel starvation.

Pop the fuel pipe off the carb, pop the end in a bottle or jar and see how well the pump is spurting on turnover.
I'm sure Ozziedog will be along in a bit to describe how much of a spurt you should be expecting (but definitely a spurt, not a drip)!

I had the same. Had new plugs in it but never used my bus for 6 months. Spoke to t2d and they said change the plugs, decided to ignore their advice, done compression tests etc. in the end all seemed ok so I decided to change the plugs, even though they looked fine. Boom she ran spot on

Have you checked/ replaced the idle cut off valve/solenoid? Had the same symptoms as you but eventually replaced mine and solved the problem straight away. Easy to check from memory, should get a click when power switched to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arney said:
Yeah it's got a flame thrower on it not brand new tho
i've had a new flame thrower mounted as well, but seemed to be broken :evil:
Replaced it and problem solved :D

Latest posts