72 Bay with oval rear lights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
squirt72 said:
think you read your v5 wrong mate, it will say first registered in may72, not manufactured ;)
its clearly a very early 72 built bus with all 71 features but with small 5 stud wheels registered in early 72 from where im sitting ? :)

Its clearly Not an early 72.

Its a 71. End of mate.

Get a pic up of your chassis number and its location on the bus. Also does it have its manfactuer plate if it doesn't have its m plate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The vehicle details don't shed much light on the subject...

Date of Liability - 01 09 2013
Date of First Registration - 01 05 1972
Year of Manufacture - Not Available
Cylinder Capacity - (cc) 1286cc
CO2 Emissions - Not Available
Fuel Type - PETROL
Export Marker - N
Vehicle Status - Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour - GREEN
Vehicle Type Approval - Not Available
Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate - £77.00
12 Months Rate - £140.00

My crossover was built in sept 71 so there is no chance that is a early built bus in 72 lol

It's a proper early bay with the lights bumpers an engine bay like that an the air vents too

Rob

jamesabell1978 said:
Here is the engine bay

4_zps4dde0c55.jpg

Look on the right hand chassis member between the engine and the battery - thats where the chassis number is stamped and tell us whats there or take a good close up photo.

hmmm, I know the chap I bought it off was going to spray it green and registered it as such but it ended up yellow. I asked for the v5 to be corrected on registering it to me so it stated the correct engine size and colour. There are no plates apart from the chassis stamp in the engine bay which starts 2222 as mentioned before. the bus is in very good condition with no welding apart from a small repair in the cab and has original devon bunks but I was told the rest of the interior which was good went into another bus and it seems the plates did to. it is a shame the bus is so clean and tidy apart from the missing plates. I know the chap who sold it to me is a vw trader in the scene and stated he has known the bus for a long time and I believe him to be genuine.

:evil: hmm well its defo a 71 without a doubt and it does look like those details are of a beetle.stamps and numbers shouldn't de removed!! and if they are they are normally put back on unless something is dodgy :cry:
sorry but something is not right with this...

dont know that he did, may of happened a while ago just a shame that they are missing as the rest of it is very original. I went looking for a bit of missing tinware at vw heritage and this is when the peculiaraties came up as it has all the features of a 71 inc engine bay with a 72 production vin so I wondered if there were any others out there but seems the chassis vin is not original :x

jamesabell1978 said:
dont know that he did, may of happened a while ago just a shame that they are missing as the rest of it is very original. I went looking for a bit of missing tinware at vw heritage and this is when the peculiaraties came up as it has all the features of a 71 inc engine bay with a 72 production vin so I wondered if there were any others out there but seems the chassis vin is not original :x

As requested before, post a pic if the location of the chassis number.

I'd be taking it back to the well known trader from the 'scene' and asking for my money back.

People need to take these dodgy buses seriously as so many are getting nicked now, don't support these robbing cunts.

Sent from my VS TOUCHTAB 10.1DC using Tapatalk 2

Shouldn't a 71 also have the chassis number on a plate on the dash top? Visible through the windscreen

had a look to see if there was one but nothing visible, will take a pic of the chassis number next time I have her out cheers.

nothing behind either seat?
its 100% a 71..removable valance.rear corners front arches and lower valance,engine lid etc...its alot of work to change it from a crossover...you need to get to the bottom of the chassis number issue dude...

Agreed. If all ID plates and chassis numbers have been removed then something is definitely fishy. Even if there is a legitimate reason for them being removed, the bus shouldn't be allowed to be on the road. It just opens the door for other dodgy bus'.

As said above, get to the bottom of it. If there is something dodgy about it the guy who sold it to you needs to do some explaining.

Latest posts