72 cross over towbar with t4 motor? any ideas?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdaykombis

Reaction score
as per the title we have a a '72 oz import in and the customer wants us to fit a tow bar. I have had a few late bays in from Oz with tow bars but none here to measure up against.

I need to know if a late tow bar will fit before buying one? my concern is the t4 exhaust (standard) being a pain?

cheers

Gdaykombis said:
as per the title we have a a '72 oz import in and the customer wants us to fit a tow bar. I have had a few late bays in from Oz with tow bars but none here to measure up against.

I need to know if a late tow bar will fit before buying one? my concern is the t4 exhaust (standard) being a pain?

cheers

Have a look at gadget boys thread about new westy type towbars ;)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mines a 72 with a T4 and has the original type towbar. It is basically a bar that sits behind the bumper and the towball bolts to it through the bumper.
I had an empi exhaust when I bought it and now run a stock one and have had no probs, you can also lower it as much as you want with out any probs.
Best bit for me is that you can unbolt the towball if you want without having to take the whole lot of and then just bolt it back and plug it in if you want to tow.

Latest posts