'72 Neptune blue Danbury and randoms

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molbyj

Reaction score
Hello it's Ross here, thought it's about time I put some pics up as I've been on here long enough.

I found this on eBay about 4 years ago, thought I'd go have a look as it was local. Ended up buying it.
I will go into a bit more info when I get some time haha
Here's the eBay pics:

It looked fairly original but looks a little different now.

Haha that's what I thought and they stunk!

It's quite good for an English bus, the mot guy and the couple of garages have commented on how solid underneath which is good.

I bought it off an retired gent, his brother in law was terminally ill and gave to him after 18 years of ownership. He also ran a garage all that time too so it's been mechanically well looked after.

Anyways, a couple years after I bought it I got it lowered at T2d as I couldn't stand the boat style driving!
After T2d:

And a couple of randoms:

And a couple from whitenoise:

Would love a MK1 caddy but the missus thinks there ugly so not allowed :(

Van looks good in those pics :)

Nice bus. One tends not to see that many Kombi based Danburys. :)

Like yours, mine too seems to have generally escaped the ravages of our climate, and also gets the thumbs up from the MOT guy each time.

My mother had a Mk1 cabby new. Lovely car it was. 8)

Couldn't wait any longer, booked in with Balls'd in September for a bit of tweaking. Left it all upto Matt with regards to parts, good guy and great work. Heres a few pics borrowed off his Facebook page.

Dogback beam

Nice looking Gia

A little bit of notching

Some tub action

Bought some whitewalls from 'mr whitewalls', another good guy to deal with and well happy with the tyres.

First time off the ramp

And the end product.

Really happy as to how it turned out. So glad I went to Matt in the end, always happy to talk through what he was going to do no matter what the questions were, haha. Happy with the drive overall although haven't used it too much yet. Roll on next summer.

Wheels look fantastic and liking the new stance 8)
Well done sir :mrgreen:

saw this on facebook. I commented on how the whitewalls and white steels gives it the look of bigger wheels and small profile tyres. Looks wicked mate

Thanks chaps, amazing what a bit of powder coat can do to change the look of something. I didn't mean for them to look a lower profile but I suppose things just happen for the better sometimes.

Ross

Looks very nice now ! Double 'ard :mrgreen:
Nice to see a non rusty uk bus. 8)

Latest posts