72 Sierrayellow Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snowman said:
Happy new year 2017!
Moped look great but is it too shiny ... :? ... really, super job! :D

Are those spring plates how much wider than originals?
I'm waiting how those fit, before ordering for my combi.

Keep working perfect like you have made!

Too shiny, that's exactly what my dad said to me! :lol:
I will make some more pics from the spring plates , so you can see the difference.
Best regards
Reto

*Sam* said:
Reto before you powder coat them, I would dry fit them. I had to clearance the inside face of the spacer that goes between the end cap and the spring plate as it was fouling the smaller part of the spring plate.

If you put the spacer in place on the bus you will see that the inside diameter is smaller that the required .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So here is the problem about the spacer wich sam told me about that. Did I'm right? I will test fit the spring plates, but hadn't enough time yesterday to try them on.
Best regards
Reto

P1043451_zps2xduz1i2.jpg

The front of the bus had too much dents from the previous owner in it. So this is one more job to do till spring 2017. The dents are allready gone and some primer is on. If the weather is getting warmer, I will blend the paint as I did the rest of the bus.

P1043444_zpsepqq0vy7.jpg

Best regards
Reto

Aircooler said:
*Sam* said:
Reto before you powder coat them, I would dry fit them. I had to clearance the inside face of the spacer that goes between the end cap and the spring plate as it was fouling the smaller part of the spring plate.

If you put the spacer in place on the bus you will see that the inside diameter is smaller that the required .

So here is the problem about the spacer wich sam told me about that. Did I'm right? I will test fit the spring plates, but hadn't enough time yesterday to try them on.
Best regards
Reto

P1043451_zps2xduz1i2.jpg

Hi Reto,
Yes that spacer is the part you need to modify. I found that when it is all together the smaller part of the spring plate that moves touches the inside of that spacer.

Hi guys!
We will drive from Switzerland to the Bug Show in Spa! :D Hope to see some of you there!?

Best regrads
Reto

Had not too much time to work on the bus. But slowely we're moving forwards.

Buddy seat is done. From this...

to this...

to this...

and in the bus!

Best regards
Reto

Super, it looks great Rito. Is it an OG frame or repro.

*Sam* said:
Super, it looks rear Rito. Is it an OG frame or repro.

Thanks Sam! It's an OG frame. I bought it from a guy in Germany. It match the rest of the interior perfectly.
Best regards
Reto

Hi guys!
Sadly there is no Volksworld-show for me this year. :( But next year we will be back! And there is the meeting in Spa we are all looking forward to it! :D
After the advice from Sam, I first checked the fitement from the spring plates. Everything works just fine! Then they were off for powder coating.

I already have fit my new spring plates on the bus. I was a bit confused how easily they were to fit. :lol:

Best regards
Reto

Glad they worked out mate. Loving the detail.

Thanks guys for the nice words! As every year I will be in hurry to finish all the work! :lol:
Best regards
Reto

Hi guys!
Hope you all are fine?! Small update on the bus... My girlfriend want to take the bikes with for holiday. So we need a bike carrier. And I need a roof ladder to put my surf-equipment on the roof rack. So after a lot of head scratching, my dad has the perfect idea.! He's building me a roof ladder whitch we kann also use as a bike carrier.
Starting with this:

The ladder is allmost done! Thanks dad for your work!

Next step ist to build the bike carrier. If we don't use it, we can easily put the carrier away from the ladder. So we have only the ladder on the bus.

Best regards
Reto

Hi everybody!
After a long time, I'm back on the forum. I had my last exam in Mai and everything went fine! So I've now a lot of time for my hobbies! Very happy about that, no more study and homework to do. :D :D
I will make some updates from time to time. Now I'm looking really forward to the Bug Show in Spa! Hope to see some of you there!
Best regards
Reto

Latest posts