A bit spongy?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlydog

Reaction score
The brakes on my bus were overhauled a year ago, I noticed when I took it for a spin on Sunday they were a little bit spongy. The pedal seems to be depressing further than it was, it has been stood for quite a while. Anything I should check in the first instance? I'm a total brake novice!

you might have some 'condensation' in the lines if you havent used it much. If you bleed the brakes at each wheel while refilling the reservoir with a fresh bottle of brake fluid it should take care of the issue.

I'm not sure what to look for in the first place besides making sure the cap on the reservoir is tight and hasn't gone down.
\You could also look at the rear of the wheel cylinders to see if theres any leakage, and if you want to take off the drums and check the rubbers dust caps on the sides of he cylinders.

I'm sure you'll get better help soon.
Cheers

just wondering fella, did the overhaul inc. a complete change of brake fluid ,an oft overlooked service item , best done every 2 years >as other fella said ,check ,adjust, but imo , replace everything as you do , don"t do the fluid? might as well not have bothered iyswim

Latest posts