a question of width

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ford

Reaction score
I know the lowering topic has been covered in great detail on the forum but I have a question that I have yet to see addressed.
How low can a bus be lowered before you NEED to narrow the beam for tire clearance? I know some folks like that look, but this is not a question of astetics. I also know some spindles change the track width as well so answers accounting for that would be helpful as well.
Like some of the other members here I am going to go at this job in stages. First plan is to even things out, (-3.5 in front) then do a mild drop with horseshoes in the rear, (-3.25) and even it out again. I expect my total front lowering to be in the neighborhood of 6 inches when all done.

Yes, offset, tire size, shock choices all play a factor. What I am wondering is more of an approx height as oppossed to an exact one. But to make it simple, lets assume an otherwise stock bus, complete with stock wheels and factory spec tires.

P.S. as I read this it sounds bitchy, please know I am not trying to be, it just sounds that way.

I don't think that narrowing a beam gives more clearance on standard wheels. I've narrowed my beam (aesthetics) and I grant that there is a small ridge or lip on the inner arch, so may be a couple of CM gained - I guess???....

Most drop (read flipped) spindles in the UK do not add track, the 'dropped' from WWest USA, I believe do.

Latest posts