Aaargh - Gaz Shock Help needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
So after fitting Thause spindles and suffering the tyres rubbing of the front arches I decided to upgrade to Gaz shocks.

The old ones came off nice and easy and I 've been out to the garage tonight to fit the new ones ready for camping next week but have had an absolute nightmare.

One of the shocks needed some persuading to get onto the bottom bolt but eventually I got them both on and bolted up. The problem is both shocks are catching on the lip of the bump stop meaning that the bus doesnt sit properly, hopefully you can see this here :-

(the other side was actually worse). Has anyone had this before and if so what did you do to resolve?

I therefore decided to take these off and start again fresh in the morning but the one that took some persuading isn't going to butch and Im scared that if i force it the rubber and bush are gonna be left on the spindle which will be another nightmare .... any hints on this ?

I thought that this would be a simple half hour bolt on job but its turned into a complete pain ... any advice would be great !

For the mean time can you not just get rid of the bump stop ? A lot of people remove them and the arm they clip to anyway.

Hi,

You can grind the lip of the bump stop away. I did mine on a linisher and got it to clear.

Hope this helps.

Si

Cheers Si, was that with Gaz coilovers? At least I know its not just my setup! Stupid question but for grinding what's a linisher ?

Actually just googled, cheers. Just a normal grinder here but got to be worth a try!

Yes I run the Gaz shocks.

I upgraded from T2D coilovers and the Gaz ones are so much better. :D

Latest posts