acc socket

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quincey

Reaction score
howdy gang,
need a bit of advice. i bought this two way socket and the black wire has a spade terminal, which would indicate to my little bird brain, should be connected to power. i would have thought the red wire goes to power?
any help is appreciated.
SAM_2601.jpg

can see what you mean though, they have put the terminals on in a pretty topsy-turvy way. i'd have expected the ring terminal to be on the black earth, so you can chuck a self tapper through it.
sparky's absolutely right- he's so right that i wouldn't bother doing what i'm about to suggest- but in future if you wanted to test stuff like this, look inside where you plug in your lighter/plugs. the centre of the socket is the positive section, and there's a metal contact on the outer part which is your negative. if you were ever unsure you could always use a multimeter to test the resistance between these sections and their respective wire ends.

american stuff tends to be black as positive just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons!

Yours looks identical to one I fitted on the underside of mine - is it a marine version?

Anyway, I went with red +ve and black -ve and everything seems to work.

Yeah,Mission accomplished.
It's a marine type one. I put a meter on it and, as advised earlier, red +ve and all works fine.
Thanks for the input

Latest posts