Acellerator linkage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gung

Reaction score
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone had re-invented the Early bay acellerator pedal to cable linkage system?
I have a 1971 and can put the pedal to the floor & still not get the throttle right open - there seems to be way to much slack in the existing system - so I'm open to your ideas on fix or replacement for the original
cheers
Angela

I had the same problem .. quite an easy fix though ..

Remove the longest horizontal link rod from under the pedal floor .. cut off the bent end section .. rebend a new one and re drill for the split pin .. refit .. = More travel at carb end!

I did buy a new full linkage but its still in the workshop gathering dust 2 years later ..

Hilly

Before you re-invent the wheel, have you adjusted the linkage correctly? The Bentley manual say to adjust it at full throttle. So, get someone to press the pedal to the floor and then turn the butterfly to full open and secure the cable at the carb end. This should ensure that when you press pedal to metal you actually get full throttle.

Cheers guys - I will try your ideas.
Is it easy to change to the later style set-up?

Latest posts