Advice needed from a body shop painter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
After just spending 6k on a paint job I've just noticed that who ever mopped it went a tad hard on the door edge and its worn through the colour.Is it possible to get this door edge blown in without paining the complete door? It's painted in 2pak ,
Before anyone says why don't I go back to the place it was done .The answer is I'd rather walk in front of a bus than go back there .
Hence I need a painters advice if poss
Cheers .

Hi,

you can't blow in with 2pac. It is a bit of a false term 'blowing in'
you would have to mask the area off and prep from scratch or you could take the door off, and paint from the belt line down, easy ish job to do if you have another sprayer lined up.

I'd worry about the colour matching the 2nd time round, even if trying to local it is, which is harder with 2k!!!!
Maybe you could activate a bit of paint , then touch it in with a brush??
Do a few coats over a couple of days, then carefully flat & polish it????
But you'd run the risk of going through again!!!!
Or,
Just live with it???

I'm going to take it up to a guy who is sh-t hot and see if he thinks it's close enough to the corner to soft edge . He did mention a brush but I'd prefer to see if soft edging was poss first . I'm not keen on the brush idea for reasons you mentioned ,and wouldn't want the door completely done either . My only worry if it was left is does that mean that it's just primer showing through and over time it might get bigger when the van is polished although I would obviously take care . I still can't believe the smokers did it !

Latest posts