Advice on what shocks to buy please.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
Advice needed .ive just bought a 3" narrowed ball joint adjustable beam and will be using my 3.5" transporterhaus dropped spindles .im hoping to get about another 1" 1/2 lower on the adjusters and and will be using 165/50/15 tyres. My question is what shocks will be best to use .I was thinking of the Monroe air shock kit with compressor but don't want to waist £600 if there not great . Or maybe just get the GAZ coilovers?
Hope someone can help
Cheers ja

I've ran KYB GR2s for 5 years now and they are a good shock for lowered set up , No adjustment on them

Cheers Graeme

I had the same dilemma. Ended up with Gabriel HiJackers. My plan is that I'll run them static at a set PSI, once I've found the best pressure, then as money permits, add a compressor, tank, etc.

I had the standard white KYBs on my bus a few years ago when I first fitted T'haus dropped spindles. I got quite a lot of rubbing. I had a standard beam with no adjusters fitted to restrict suspension travel. I think whether KYBs will be ok or not will depend on a few factors, the tension put on the torsion bars by your adjusters, the weight of the bus (mines a westy so among the heaviest), your weight, how much stuff you plan to haul, condition of torsion bars etc...

I switched to Gaz coilovers and these pretty much stopped the rubbing. A good result.

I now have 2.5" dropped spindles, an adjustable beam and silver KYBs, and they work fine with this set up, a really nice ride.

I would see how it runs with KYBs first as they are much cheaper and give a good ride, but be mindful that you may need to up grade and sell them on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks ,I guess I'll see what clearance ive got once it's all fitted ,mines a panel van and will have less to nothing inside .I had heard people have shock clearance issues with narrowed beams ,as mines a 3" im hoping it will be ok and I think that's why the guys at t2d's only do up to a 3" narrowed BJ beam to avoid this .well I hope so .

What Mister says is spot on, but hopefully with a panel and if your leaves aren't too worn you.ll be ok :)

Latest posts