1967 Neptune Blue Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try and get a T3 dipstick and engine bay ‘hole’ (where the T3 cap screws to). In principle, it should work. I can see it in my mind…

T3’s are the best IMHO. Engineering for practicality 101
That's what I'm doing.
They're pretty useless actually, poorly made, the tube is at the wrong angle and breaks when you try to bend it.
They're a waste of £20. Ask me how I know.

That's what I'm doing.

They're pretty useless actually, poorly made, the tube is at the wrong angle and breaks when you try to bend it.
They're a waste of £20. Ask me how I know.
Modern parts eh 🤦🏻 we put 1 on Cullys 1776 years ago and it’s never been an issue. That was an old school Bugpack item though

What size tyres have you gone for on the front and are you on a 4.5J wheel? I've spent weeks trying to determine the best size for my bay ......

View attachment 8382Had to use some of these on the front. Would love to know how not to.
I used low clearance grease caps from Transporterhaus for the front hubs,

and I'm waiting for a pair of the extended centre caps for the rear.

Just faffing around today.
I have an issue with the brake reservoir and hose/pipe to the master cylinder.
I can't work out how to connect the '68 only kidney reservoir to the metal pipe.
So if you've got an early '68 MY bus and have the metal pipe, let me know how it connects please.

I've temporarily fitted a '69 plastic pipe and reservoir, but the pipe is too long for where the '68 reservoir mounts (and I've split the reservoir 🤦‍♂️).
So, I refitted the deluxe trim and side markers.

I can't work out how to connect the '68 only kidney reservoir to the metal pipe.
So if you've got an early '68 MY bus and have the metal pipe, let me know how it connects please.

Mine had a slightly conical 'top hat' shaped rubber seal, narrow at the top and wider at the base so it compressed into the resevoir neck as it was tightened. The lower edge (the brim of the top hat as it were) overlapped the bottom of the thread on the resevoir so it was also compressed between the resevoir and the nut like a washer seal.

I couldn't refit it though as it was perfmanantly deformed and no longer provided a seal, I think I ended up using ptfe tape around the pipe and a rubber washer at the base to reassemble at the time which so far so good continues to provided an effective seal.

Mine had a slightly conical 'top hat' shaped rubber seal, narrow at the top and wider at the base so it compressed into the resevoir neck as it was tightened. The lower edge (the brim of the top hat as it were) overlapped the bottom of the thread on the resevoir so it was also compressed between the resevoir and the nut like a washer seal.

I couldn't refit it though as it was perfmanantly deformed and no longer provided a seal, I think I ended up using ptfe tape around the pipe and a rubber washer at the base to reassemble at the time which so far so good continues to provided an effective seal.
Thanks, how about the master cylinder connection?

It’s just a rubber flexi hose bridging between the lower end of the metal pipe and the neck of the lower reservoir bottle on the master cylinder.

Latest posts