after welding help please........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexer

Reaction score
Hi, my van (1970 dorm) will be in for welding on the 11th june for a week and will be coming out with new panels all round but filler and paint wont be getting done straight away, whats the best way to protect it for a few weeks/months, i will be getting a jk van cover but what else should i do?

Nick

cheers for the replys, the guy doing the welding will be putting some red oxide on the welds and any bare metal but i was hoping to get it on the road before the paint goes on. mainly to get the running gear sorted and run it around for a while as i have been without a van now for nearly 3 years sine i sold my split to get the early bay. i want to bolt on all my shiny things and hit it with the lowering stick see.
any other tips?

Youll find that quite enough for now it wont look particularly pretty but this time of year it is all you need.

If hes missed any small areas just whack on some hi build primer for piece of mind, the spray shop will knock it back anyway. :)

Latest posts