All year Early Bay ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello mate, not me as I do too many miles, but if I`m working local and the weather is reasonable then I will take my bus to work :mrgreen: Puts me in a much better frame of mind and I do pop out for a lot more fag breaks and go and sit in my bus. Not too sure if that makes me a saddo or not :msn4: I think there are two or three that use theirs as dailies, but I don`t think most of them are clocking up thirty plus thousand a year. The other issue is the security of these old beasties, it`s not great by todays standards I`m afraid :evil: .If you don`t go that far then no reason why not ! :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,It`s a good case for working local,, ,, :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

I use mine every day and when I'm on nights my Ambo station is only an 8 min drive away and I can park it in a nice warm bay inside which is great as I don't have a garage.
Plus I can do any little tinkering I need to between jobs

I love my bus

Soon Scooby soon ! Can't wait to get my bus back on the road and use it as my daily.
Mind you , I'm not sure what 2 and a half hours in traffic everyday is going to be like on petrol :shock:

Good shout for a topic - I've often wondered how many early's were daily's ..

mine is not my daily but have driven to work every day this week in the pissing rain

I never intended mine to be used daily, but due mainly to laziness on my part I seem to be driving to work more than I really should be.

It's just the fuel consumption that really bothers me, she's fine on a motorway but running her around town she just seems to guzzle petrol!

I think she might have to stay garaged for a bit now though, I don't fancy trying using the heater to clear an iced up windscreen :roll:

I use a motorbike as a daily - I have used my bus in the past to go to work but only really like to put "fun" miles on it - getting to the office so I can work for the man isn't a fun journey....it's one I have to do so it seems a shame to put "utility" miles on the bus, I prefer to save it for some "me time" driving if that makes sense?

^^^ Makes absolutely perfect sense to me Larry. Will anyone be using one of these fantastic machines as a daily in ten or twenty years on ??? Or further into the future ???

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Will there be any petrol left then ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Buy one with a few knocks etc on it.

Mine was ripe for an all year daly driver. Started messing with bits, then snowballed into a full blown resto.
Scared to drive it even in the summer now!
Rod for me own back me thinks.
If id left well alone itd probably be sat outside now or being used rather than being at work under lock and key.

But then again, maybe not.
The thieves seem to love em what ever condition theyre in.
Good luck with the purchase but get security and lots of it.

Rich

Hoosier said:

Mine was ripe for an all year daly driver. Started messing with bits, then snowballed into a full blown resto.
If id left well alone itd probably be sat outside now or being used rather than being at work under lock and key.

Rich

Are there a lot of these getting stolen :shock: ?

Now mines back on the road I use it every day :-D although the haulage yard where I work is only 4 miles away. I used to push bike to work and only used my bus on weekends but then I started taking the van and it seemed to run a better for it haha. Winter is a bit of a bastard but it's the only vehicle in my road that starts easy when it's been snowing lol.

Hoosier said:
Don't tell me that! I was going for the too-knackered-to-bother-nicking look for a while yet :p

I can't wait to get mine back on the road and start using it all the time. I wouldn't say that mine is ready to be a daily yet due to a series of teething problems, but every breakdown or mechanical failure I have brings it one step closer to being just that.

I sold my daily to help buy my bus. Granted my work situation has changed since then so I am no longer spending 2-3 hours in the car a day and I do have access to other vehicles if the need arises.

Good luck on your search fella!

I use mine daily and love it. I couldn't see myself using anything else.
Its a only a 15 mile round trip to work, most of it up hill so dont know if i'll be able to get to work in it if it snows but we shall see, but on the plus side I do get to play around with buses all day at work including mine

I've used all of my Dubs all year round. I used to have a super low 73 Bug which I drove all through that snow we had 2 years ago without a hitch, it was the only vehicle that could get out of our street

Adam

Busman73 said:
I use mine daily and love it. I couldn't see myself using anything else.
Its a only a 15 mile round trip to work, most of it up hill so dont know if i'll be able to get to work in it if it snows but we shall see, but on the plus side I do get to play around with buses all day at work including mine

Adam

G'day Adam, good to meet a fellow Low Life on here..!! :D I bet your glad that your works more premises moved closer now then..!!??

Tim :msn4: :lol:

Up until recently I've had aircooled dailies since 2004, '73 Westy, '65 Squareback, and then the Split, and loved every minute. I now have a Polo and hate it, very much looking forward to getting the crewcab done, and start using it daily.

:)

scoobydoo said:
Hoosier said:

Rich

They seem to be very popular with the wronguns :?

Dont take what i type as to much of a negative though.
You may be ok :mrgreen:

Just get a bit of security and proper insurance ;)

Rich

Hoosier said:
scoobydoo said:
Hoosier said:

Rich

They seem to be very popular with the wronguns :?

Dont take what i type as to much of a negative though.
You may be ok :mrgreen:

Just get a bit of security and proper insurance ;)

Rich

I can't lock my driver or passenger doors at the moment :shock: - hoping they'll try the boot, then the sliding door and get bored and go away :mrgreen: - something I'm intending to fix, though I do disable it from the engine bay - once I work out how to get a full matching set of locks without having to mortgage the house it's something I'm intending to fix, as it is I always have it in a garage and am anal about where I leave it (never usually out of sight!)

Don't use mine as a daily when working, but she's my daily when not at work :D
I clocked up nearly 4,000 miles last year..., I started with a 1,500 limit on the Ins, but had to up it after a few months as I was doing so many miles. :msn4:
I just love driving the damn thing. The kids don't like the lack of heating this time of year tho :roll: ....light weights :lol:
Keep telling them to 'man up' and put some extra clothing on.

As for Bus security, I am thinking of getting tracker when they come down in price a bit. :msn4:
I normally take the rotor out of the dizzy and remove the coil-dizzy HT lead too if I leave it anywhere dodgy!

Happy hunting :)

Latest posts