any 68 bay devon interior buffs on here?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourbays

Reaction score
hi have a early bay devon torvette tintop, reg on 05/06/1968 .chassis no23-8131834 .any one know where the devon badge +what type would have gone,ie round 1 on exterior tailgate,or oblong 1 on dash or w.h.y ,was this the basic conversion for devon at the time as i find no mension in the devon book of a sink and my van still has original interior and no trace of 1, just cooker +easicool,finally my table is the white one with alloy beading and black trm that has an alloy bracket that slides into a bracket on side of van,its warped badly out of shape,been offered 1 from a dealer from a 71 van at reasonable price anyone know if they all the same or did they change them? thanks :?

ours sounds identical to yours, we havnt a sink either, just a tap next to the cooker?
an easicool and a top locker and loads of other cupboards and drawers.
badges on ours are on the sliding door (thats a metal one, on the outside) and one on the inside of the passenger door just above the door card that says "a name and a serial number"
hope this helps
cheers
shaun and jo

thanks for that shaun +jo ,have noticed a slightly visable mark on the sliding door near the handle, did wonder as my old devon 66 split had 1 on the door,have to keep my eyes open at the shows next year for 1.cheers :)

Yes when Bays come in there were three versions of Devon - Torvette (basic), Caravette (mid-range), Eurovette (top of range)... I have a 69 Caravette. I beleive these models stayed the same until about 70/71 when names/specs changed. They never really had a sink, I think there was an option to put a sink bowl in the cooker aperture on the Caravette. I think they put on a plaque with a devon serial no. and who built the conversion at one time ... this sites got quite a lot on badges, etc. ..

http://www.devonmoonraker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Latest posts