Any recommendations for somewhere nr Calais?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benyon

Reaction score
Of on a big Euro adventure in June, ferry is booked for 14th Dover to Calais, I think it departs approx 4pm so by the time we've arrived in Calais it will be time to find somewhere to park up for the night. Can anyone recommend somewhere a little quieter within an hours drive of Calais heading South or West?

Theres a couple of places 5 mins away in Peuplingues, Frethun and Cap Gris Nez, if you just want to get across and pitch....

or head towards Saint omer theres places all along that road just past Les Attaques, le pont Ardres or by the lakes of Bois en Ardres all about 20-30 mins from eurotunnel....

most of the online camping searches are good for details

Yea nothing worse than clingons. :D

Would recommend you get a tomtom or similar and there are good euro/France camping books, got ours from amazon

We found that once you get off the beaten track in france the roads all have the same number, ie road number covers an area, hence the tomtom recommendation. I got ours after the first trip to France.

I have just installed a 12V socket for this very purpose! Luckily the girlfriend's parents have offfered to lend us theirs and they are even downloading maps for all (well most) of the countries we intend to visit!! :D

We've acutally booking somewhere now, not anywhere recommended above tho :oops: We're at Camping Les Pommiers or something like that (http://www.pommiers-3pays.fr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I think)

Getting excited now, set off two weeks tomorrow, but had clutch issues today :evil:

Latest posts