Third time lucky .. Westy adventure

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotswoldiver

Reaction score
Wish me luck, heading off tomorrow to pick up the ferry in Portsmouth and landing in Santander Saturday afternoon. Opening part of the break in northern Spain, then heading up the coast through France with a little diversion along the Dordogne somewhere, then back to pick up the French coast run leaving via Roscoff into Plymouth on the 15th June.

Booked a campsite for the first two nights, booked a campsite for the last two nights and everything else is left to chance, good fortune and a fair wind .... forecast says plenty of wind and rain :(

The westy is as ready as it can be, breakdown cover checked, spares box full of the obvious

If I don't make it back in one piece with my bus this time I will seriously question my own sanity and spirit of adventure

Have a great trip - very jealous!

We are planning a trip in Aug!
Lincoln - Folkstone - Spa - Germany(for 10 days) - Home!

Take loads of pics and keep a diary!
Fingers crossed you dont have any issues!

Good luck and enjoy. Keep us updated!! I like the live vicariously through other people's adventures.

Good luck! Last year we took my bus into northern Spain, across the Pyrenees by the mountain passes, and along the Med in France.

We had a great time, fingers crossed you do too. :D

please keep us updated ,very interested in the ferry to Santander (we live next to hull ferry but only does France) and we wanted to work up from Spain. getting nearer home as we travel.. have a good time. :D

Sweet!

Me and the ball n chain are planning to do the same itinerary more or less in august!

We would love to know the cost of your trip ie ferrys, fuel etc, what spare parts would you recommend to take on the trip as this will be our first.

Have fun!

Steven

Best of British for the trip fella,only hope you don't get the weather to go with it!!

cotswoldiver said:
Wish me luck, heading off tomorrow to pick up the ferry in Portsmouth and landing in Santander Saturday afternoon. Opening part of the break in northern Spain, then heading up the coast through France with a little diversion along the Dordogne somewhere, then back to pick up the French coast run leaving via Roscoff into Plymouth on the 15th June.

Booked a campsite for the first two nights, booked a campsite for the last two nights and everything else is left to chance, good fortune and a fair wind .... forecast says plenty of wind and rain :(

The westy is as ready as it can be, breakdown cover checked, spares box full of the obvious

If I don't make it back in one piece with my bus this time I will seriously question my own sanity and spirit of adventure

Well the gods were smiling
Terrific weather, 1854 miles covered, some great sites and at times so quiet we have a camp site to ourselves.
Photos to follow

Oh yes, almost forgot no breakdowns, no hassles, just a great break :D

Good on ya bud glad all went well, that's so e mileage as well

Well done David, see you in just over a week :)

Latest posts