Any tips on fitting a roof canvas

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricvw

Reaction score
if it stays dry tomorrow im going to have a go at fitting my canvas has anyone got any tips its a justkampers one for a westy.

Patience , staple gun , air compressor , patience , friends , beer , patience .
I remove it off the bus like pictures show, it goes really fast with the air stapler gun.
Remove plastic liner (where staples go) very carefull, it could be dry and fall apart.

newpix061Large.jpg

P7040037.jpg

The easiest way I have found is to fit the bottom, then stapple the top in situe. This will get it nice and tight. Work from the back to the front.

ricvw said:
if it stays dry tomorrow im going to have a go at fitting my canvas has anyone got any tips its a justkampers one for a westy.

I fitted 1 to mine about 3 months ago. The just kampers canvas seems to get bad press but i could'nt fault it to be honest.
Although it seems like more work, take the whole pop-top section of the roof off to fit it and lift it on as 1 piece.
Also use a decent staple gun and have a couple of people to help. Not a hard task, it's just takes abit of time.

Latest posts