Anyone got a towbar on a lowered crossover???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooke331

Reaction score
Hiya,

Considering buying one of those dub box things and am not sure how easily i could get a towbar on the back of mine because it`s been lowered. Anyone got a bar, where did you get it from and what does it look like please!!!

This is mine as it stands, notice the ride height and the existing stainless quiet pack:-

CIMG3631.jpg

not sure how being lowered would be an issue....

picture of mine (before lowering).....
DSCF0519-1-1.jpg

.....exhaust may be a different issue :?

this is the towbar on mine and is actually a fctory fit one so ive been told. The bumper brackets that bolt to the chassis legs have four bolts per side, with the towbar fitting between the two. The actual towball is held on with 4 bolts and can be removed, to just leave the bumperwith four holes (although a previous owner never realised this an actually cut the bumper around the ball mounting.

Type20192.jpg

Type20189.jpg

Type20190.jpg

cooke331 said:
Looks like your bar sits where my bumper is??? Do you know who made the towbar???

the tow bar replaces the mounts and bolts in their place the bumper then bolts to the tow bar (flat plates in pic)...

...no idea who made it look original so maybe Danbury???

:mrgreen:

I think I would rather have a proper old Classic caravan (well I had one)

Tow bars though....... I got mine built on my old bus (Splittie) to come round the exhaust - the bus was lowered by 2 splines and no reduction boxes so it was reasonably low....

Another way to do it if a Watling Tow Bar fits with that exhaust would be to have a plate made to bolt onto the tow bar and raise the tow ball up - aslong as the tow ball and the hitch are nearly level you will be fine!!! To help me I put smaller wheels and tyres on the caravan so in principle I lowered the caravan as well!

The old set up
16h7p83.jpg

cooke331 said:
That looks like a tidy caravan - what was it???

Its a Construtam Condor Classic 4 berth....... weighs 500 kilos so its easy to pull and a bit different to getting a Puck!

Its gone to a good home now though

Latest posts