Exhaust on a lowered van?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welly

Reaction score
Have I just wasted £300??

Purchased a new exhaust this week as the old one had seen better days, thought I was making the right choice in ordering a full stainless steel single quiet pack with 4 into 1 manifold only to find that now it is fitted it sits around 2 inch from the floor :shock: :shock: !

I know I am going to rip it off if I drive it down the road and cant see that there is any adjustment to lift it. The van is low but the old standard exhaust was miles away from ever scraping. I don't want to lift the van as I like the ride height.

Have I just bought the wrong type of exhaust for a lowered van? What exhausts are people using or has anyone had the same issue but found a solution?
This is the exhaust purchased.

http://www.justkampers.com/vw-t2-bay-window-parts/t2-bay-exhaust-parts/1600cc-exhausts-heat-exchangers/stainless-steel-single-quiet-pack-vw-t2-split-1500cc-1963-1967-vw-t2-bay-1600cc-1967-1979.html#

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul.

https://www.vwheritage.com/ac251615-silencer-with-tailpipe-s-steel-t2-1600cc
this will probably give better clearance or a lot of people runs vintage speed. Get one from Heritage now with the big15 code and with your 5% earlybay discount that is VAT free!

It seams mine is just too low for this type of exhaust, looks like it will be up for sale to try fund Vintage Speed :(

Hi Paul, how low are you bud, I got two splines and the V.S. is great. Admittedly I`m virtually stock in the noisy cupboard and if you are pony chasing then there there are different options. There`s a guy just outside Bristol makes custom Zoorst s, I think he`s a mate of Easy. Easy and the ones that have had one made are just full of how good they are :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Guessing you is a bit lower :lol: :lol:

ozziedog said:
Hi Paul, how low are you bud, I got two splines and the V.S. is great. Admittedly I`m virtually stock in the noisy cupboard and if you are pony chasing then there there are different options. There`s a guy just outside Bristol makes custom Zoorst s, I think he`s a mate of Easy. Easy and the ones that have had one made are just full of how good they are :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Guessing you is a bit lower :lol: :lol:

She is a little low, after reading a few posts on here I contacted vintage Dan and after giving my details he had an exhaust out to me within 24 hours, very impressed and loving the look.

Cheers

Looking good, and that`s about the same as mine but mine is chucking out on the nearside. You`re about as down as me I think.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Sounds OK too.

Liking the look of that, am currently looks at a VS exhaust, trying to decide on a standard or hidden tailpipe. It's a shame the Heritage discount doesn't work on the Australian site :(

If you work out if it would still be beneficial I can buy it for you and send it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers, for that offer but not needed, am from Scotland and still have my family there so could get them to do it, also i'm home in August for a visit

Latest posts