Anyone on here into Nikki Carbs?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toad

Reaction score
Hi there, Anyone know much about Nikki carbs? Got one from a customers van (on a Brown & Geeson? stack) and want to know more.
Thanks
Mike

Briefly popular in the 60's/70's but fell out of favour due to claims of improved performance not materialising and increased mpg.

An amusing and fairly rare after market option but not something I would actually use. :lol:

Trikky2 said:
Briefly popular in the 60's/70's but fell out of favour due to claims of improved performance not materialising and increased mpg.

An amusing and fairly rare after market option but not something I would actually use. :lol:

Thanks. I thought that was the case but just wasnt sure if anyone was in to the things these days. Just because they were no good back in the day doesnt seem to put some people of using after market stuff on their vans these days lol.
Thanks for your help1
Mike

They command a higher price from suzuki sj owners, the carb bolts on without an adaptor. I spent ages trying to sell one then put suzuki in the ebay listing and happy days, i got about £50.

i had nickki carbs fitted to my mk2 Vauxhall viva in 1974 (yes carbs did exist then) they never ran right, couldn't get parts, and eventually swapped em for twin webers............please don't tell my ins company, I may owe them an extra two pounds , four and sixpence ( £2.23p)

A mate had the brain wave of putting a set of Nikki's from a Suzuki GSX1000 onto his tuned up 205 GTI 1.9. Wasn't overly sucessful tbh and I ended up fitting Jenvey throttle bodies.

With a vw motor I don't think you can get better than Dell'orto's or Webers.

Latest posts