Anyone purchased from KieftnKlok?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5erge

Reaction score
As per my post the other day I have a van in mind and I'm buying on other peoples advice as I know nothing about aircooled motors or what to look for in terms of rust, rot, dodgy welding etc...

Hence why I'm considering a purchase from KieftnKlok, does anyone have an opinion before I dive into the world of Bays.

Cheers

Des

Not a good time to be buying in Euros. Their vans were priced higher than a private deal but reasonably given their reputation- then the pound collapsed. Exchange rates mean you're paying 40% more than you would have a year ago when you buy from Europe, I live in France and a pair of jeans from the Levis shop is £115 when you work out the price in pounds! Same jeans in the UK £79.

I'd have a good look round for a UK company if I was you.

I bought my van from them, and couldnt reccomend them enough. Mainland Europeans find them a little pricey, but historically they were very cheap (dealer wise) from a UK perspective and offered peace of mind that couldnt be had from buying blind from the US direct.
As stated, the exchange rate has buggered that a bit now, but it may be worth ringing them about anything you fancy and seeing what can be done. They speak excellent English and are very helpful. Also, T2D are KnK agents and will also help as much as you desire with checks, inspections and probably actually getting and sorting it for you.

5erge said:
As per my post the other day I have a van in mind and I'm buying on other peoples advice as I know nothing about aircooled motors or what to look for in terms of rust, rot, dodgy welding etc...

Hence why I'm considering a purchase from KieftnKlok, does anyone have an opinion before I dive into the world of Bays.

Cheers

Des

You seen this one.

http://www.vw-online.co.uk/acatalog/info_880.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Already in the UK from Karmann konection

http://www.vw-online.co.uk/acatalog/Volkswagen_For_Sale.html#a880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are looking to buy from a dealer, I don't think you can go far wrong with FBI in Swansea, mine is an FBI bus, and its awesome, you can see that its not just a case of them importing busses and shipping them out, mine has had new brake lines, new fuel lines, and new rubbers throughout, I jet washed it the other day, and not a bit of water got in! I would recommend them to any one.

Or give Volksheaven in Doncaster a call

or Johnson Autoworks near Nottingham

or MEB, Scott Wilson and others on here...

Serge

Sorry I missed your post the other day, what exactly are you after?

We have a few buses in stock at the moment plus another 3 about to get picked up from the states so they will be here in a few weeks time, drop me a pm or go and have a look at our site.

We are relatively new but I think both Gadget Boy and myself are well known for being open and honest :)

I bought mine from coolcampers, only a small family bussiness but i found Gary to be very helpful, website is http://www.coolcampers.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Graham L said:
Serge

Sorry I missed your post the other day, what exactly are you after?

We have a few buses in stock at the moment plus another 3 about to get picked up from the states so they will be here in a few weeks time, drop me a pm or go and have a look at our site.

We are relatively new but I think both Gadget Boy and myself are well known for being open and honest :)

Hi Graham,

I'm really after a MOT'd low light with a type 2 engine and 7 or 8 seat tin top. I suppose a westfalia could be converted but I'd rather not have the hassle.

Cheers

Des

BTW, thank you to everyone else that has responded. I did have a van in mind to buy from Kieftnklok but I hesitated and paid the price, it was sold to someone else yesterday :(

Des

Just sent you a PM :mrgreen:

Latest posts