anyone run a stainless steel heritage exhaust?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwjim

Reaction score
Morning,

Anyone running one of these exhausts in their Bus?

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_shop.product_pID_56919726_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If so, ever had any problems with it or caused by it?

I've pulled an engine out of a bay and the heads were shot. Two exhaust valve seats were sunk into a head and one inlet valve seat clean fell straight out. Both the exhaust valve issues were on the RHS of the engine where that exhaust has that tight 90 degree bend right at the head of #2 exhaust port. The engine looked like it had a relatively recent top end overhaul with new heads, (they were too clean etc. to be high mileage), so trying to see if its coincidence / just bad heads in the first place or a problem with the exhaust design that makes the heads run hot?

Wondering if to recommend not using the exhaust on the brand new engine they've just bought, and fit a stock system instead.
The owner of the Bay hasn't had the bus long and has no history of what was done to the engine.

Thanks.

I have the same looking exhaust, it came with my van when I bought it a few years ago so I dont know where it was purchased from. I ran it on a 1641 for about 10k miles with no issues. I'm using the same exhaust on my new engine and it still seems ok

That's good news then.

Owner has decided to go completely stock, so this exhaust has come off so will put it up for sale if anyone wants it.

Latest posts