As the Pointer Sisters said...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonboylaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited..

My Bart has been in the bodyshop for the past few weeks having a few minor rusty bits sorted and a new coat of paint plus a few bits and bobs (new rubbers, doors rebuilt etc..)
Well Sam called today to say he is ready for collection. I can't wait. Got loads planned now, propex, leisure battery, hookup and LED lighting to go in.. Oh and the engine Laurie is building.

A couple of pictures from Tuesday as a teaser, will start a proper thread later.

ytaqube7.jpg

2uma9uta.jpg

aga4e6a9.jpg

me9ubamu.jpg

Jon

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Wait till you see him in the sunshine... :)

I bought him from Alex at TransporterHaus last feb (unseen !!) Sam at the PFP coachworks said it is the most solid un-molested bay he has ever seen, and a uk bus at that. Can't wait to get him home now.

More pictures to follow.

Jon

Very nice Jon! Yeah I'd say it looks like Lotus as well. Its a great feeling when its all ready to go back together isn't mate?! Keep the pics coming ;-)

Looks beautiful - get yourself some Black/Silver classic plates to finish off the look!

Very 8) 8)

StuF said:
Looks beautiful - get yourself some Black/Silver classic plates to finish off the look!

Very 8) 8)

nooooooo....they look original plates...gotta stay! I'll fight ya Stu :mrgreen: :fighting0040:

Wow, one tidy bus, bet you're well chuffed :mrgreen:

Yep, that is the one. Both tables with all legs, chill box etc.

So today I wired in the starter relay kit and split charger, plus leisure battery, fuse box, and installed the propex, just need to complete the fittings etc.... A busy day..

a6yjuben.jpg

e2ahahu5.jpg

110Ah battery from Tayna, £75 delivered! Only just fits...
esasabab.jpg

upe6yqu9.jpg

9upuqepu.jpg

Tomorrow will be fitting the flue pipes and sealing it down, finish off the propex wiring, get some gas and a gas vent for the floor.
After that I will have a go at the hook-up wiring....

Tonight I'll be building my RGB led light bars whilst supping a beer...

Rob, fronts are Raydhots and I have an original Bosch round rear fog to go on. Postie delivered the bracket today as well. Cheers for that, all sprayed up and ready to mounts later this week.
Jon

LED lighting:

Two sets of ikea's finest RGB light strips, I chose these as they are encased in plastic and should last well. Two 1M lengths of frosted acrylic tube (20mm), a 20mm PVC pipe cap and a load of contact adhesive, plus one beer for me.

dysyhany.jpg

Assemble the strips into a 1M length and place face down on the table.

he8ujede.jpg

Apply the contact adhesive to the back of the strips then insert into the tubing and holding each end of the LED strips rotate so the clue and tube come together.

utyberet.jpg

Now sit back and drink the beer.

When it is stuck fast put the end cap on. I am using 20mm plastic pipe clamps to mount to the headlining.

Pictures later..

Jon

They will run down the edges of the roof panels and be partially hidden by the curtains. I'll whack some photos up when fitted.
I'll be using a colour changer circuit I built from a kit. More to follow.

Jon

Latest posts