Ashys dormobile resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys you must think I am really ignorant but didn't pick up your comments. All the seats and door cards etc were re- upholstered by the Pluss organisation in Exeter Devon. Fantastic people to work with and the price was extremely competitive . Great idea about then dormy thread..

Very nice. Exactly how mine was (Electrolux RM123 + cooler box).

Just waiting for my new interior to be built too. Hope to pick up today. All done in a very similar way. Keeping the Dormobile look and feel, just updating it a little. Good to have some photos of how it all goes together too as I can't remember!

Couple of questions, how are you doing the rear seats belts? Are they both just lapbelts or have you got inertia reels on there? Also, can you let me know how high that rear storage section is under the bed (by the tail gate). I binned mine and now need to re-create it. Is it the same height as the piece behind the rear seats (where the seat/bed slider attaches to)?

Thanks.

Thank you I am really pleased with the finish and I hope you will be as pleased with yours, have you got a thread I can check out?
Ref the seat belts . Looking towards the back of the van the left hand belt is a lap belt, the right hand one is an over the shoulder round the waist belt (hope this makes sense)
Unfortunately the van is at the garage having the engine/ carbs set up but will measure the storage box at the weekend and let you know I will also take a couple of photos to show how it goes together.

Cheers. Yeah check out the links in my sig for the story. Unfortunately, the links to the pics got lost over the years but most of them are in the drop box link below.

Just checked your images on drop box the units look great...
Height of box at the back of van is 190mm hopefully the images might help
64df053e7c4132494508463877764c47_zps41be69c8.jpg

e6072cc1d8c5e8e638fdb27984d99401_zpse0bac60c.jpg

Like the way you have modded the over engine storage to house the table 8)
Do the buddy seats go in there also?

Not a problem & thanks. Yes we store the table under there also air beds for the kids and sleeping bags, I leave the buddy seats in situ or in the awning at night

Latest posts