Attempted theft last night 1970 Devon.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbope

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wasnt expecting this at 6.30am this morning.....Went to get in van to drive to work (and its MOT day FFS!)- smashed quater light, door open, stuff everywhere inside (contents of glovebox) glass everywhere. Oh Cock I thought......

They were obviously trying to steal the van as nothing was taken (cd wallet, Stereo etc) although the faceplate surround for the headunit was on the floor outside van...The ignition barrel had been messed with a (mine is loose - you have to have "the knack" to start it!) so maybe that worked in my favour . ie not fixing the barrel stopped it from being knicked!!

Forensics been round and funnily enough there is no evidence to go on....Found out though a VW caddy (moidifed) was also done last night round the corner from my house.....

Now I live in a quiet cul-de-sac in a quiet fenland village where nothing sinister ever goes on - or so I thought......SO please everyone - Be alert!!

Time to empy the garage so I can put the van safely away - dont think I will ever be able to sleep at night anymore with it on the drive.

Any got a Drivers side door handle/lock assy and quater light for 1970 they dont want?

Lets just hope that the MOT goes ok this afternoon - the day can only get better!

Glad you still have the bus bro. Its all our worst nightmares waking up to that, or worse still no bus!!
In terms of attempted theft, you got off lightly by the sounds?....

I think with todays technology and how difficult new vehicles are now to steal, the classic cars are becoming more appealing to the car thief because of the old style security they have. ie. easy to overcome.
Heed the warning signs!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Lucky escape .! Not a good thing, but better to have a bit of damage than lose the bus.
I've got a fixed quarter light glass only if it's any good to you.
Don't want anything for it, just postage,

Mick

hi m8 sorry to hear about ur bus, pretty sure i got a handle will check when i go dwn to my garage on the wknd. Dont wan any thing for it

Sorry to hear your van was damaged and glad they didnt get it away in it.
Worth a few security measures i guess. Figure out away to stop the fuel and or spark would be a good start and a steering lock (crooklock type thing).

Havnt got any spares though unfortunately.

Hope the MOT went well :mrgreen:

Rich.

Shorty said:
Davedub said:
Cheeky little buggers. Glad you still got the bus.

^WHS

Glad to hear they went away empty handed, I hate thieving little b&5terds :evil:

sparkywig said:
Domestic cctv cameras are cheap now, link one to your pc or get a dvr as well.
I've got one set up to cover the drive and bus.

This seems to the way forward, got a setup from maplins for added piece of mind :D

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for the comments...I still feel really down about it I think its the thought of some scumbag attacking your possesions (that you have worked hard to own) on your driveway that gets me. Bastards..

At least the MOT didnt go bad :

Failed on :

Front brakes out of balance

Bottom bush on Coil overs gone (T2D have agreed to exchange coil overs for new as under 1 year old)

Washer jets

So all in all not bad one at all!!

I would just say to everyone to be vigilant- 2 weeks ago when we went to North Devon in the van I had loaded it up the night before on the drive ready to head off early doors - double buggy on roof rack along with awning etc etc. It doesnt bare thinking about TBH. I`ll never do that again for sure....

Be safe guys!!

Latest posts