Australian panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobus

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of my bus.
71 panel, I'm it's 3rd owner. I have had some criticism of my resto job, but I diddn't do all the work for those volks to appreciate!
I drive it every day and I am still thinking up a few more things to do to it before I finish.

R0013421.jpg

R0013575.jpg

lightshowsept21004.jpg

lobus001Small.jpg

Nothing wrong with that from the pics! loving the panels stance, sitting very nicely may I say and I love the light on the drivers piller, thats a great idea. 8)

Nearly forgot! whats with the double vents?? is there something lurking in the back that needs cooling?! :shock: 8) :D

inside is just a bit of a bed and some roof storage. The double vents are for letting air int othe cargo area (horizontal) and the standard ones for the engine.
This pre resto. easy compared to some of the work I see happening in the UK
Twins1a.jpg

Here are some pics of the cabin
I've got a german speedo in kms with atrip meter and the clock. It's also got an empi shifter now but this was taken before I fitted it.
R0010512Small.jpg

Do I Know you David, haha. this is a wicked bus, needs more power though hey!! vroom vroooom

by the way guys dont believe anything he says! haha, but he is a awsome courior, David bought me a tow bar 4000klms delivery (via a vw show mind) sweet!

Andy

Hey lobus, whats in the place where your ignition barrel goes? :?:

easy said:
Hey lobus, whats in the place where your ignition barrel goes? :?:

Still got the old barrell in there, it was rewired to the switch on the dash as the column switch was cactus. I am going to get it back to original one day, then I can use the hole in the dash for me ambulance fans. Can't have too many accessories can you?

Its all about the accessories! I love em! 8)

Youve got me thinking about one of those parcel tray things now, i dont like the solid plastic modern ones but is yours netting on the inside with a plastic rim? looks good, ive got loads of crap to fill one of those up. Dose it get in the way of tall peoples legs?

clyde said:
Youve got me thinking about one of those parcel tray things now, i dont like the solid plastic modern ones but is yours netting on the inside with a plastic rim? looks good, ive got loads of crap to fill one of those up. Dose it get in the way of tall peoples legs?

No mine is a repro, made here in Queensland. i dunno what I did before I had it, apart from everything sitting on the seat. It was the second accessory I fitted after the glove box lid.
I am thinking now of a Paul Kelly song with the chorus of "From little things big things grow.

shiny1.jpg

easy said:
whats the interior like? 8)

The interior of the rear is nothing special, I have a home made full width bed and overhead storage space, the floor is covered with plywood to protect it.
At the moment it has a replacement motor sitting in there untill I can organise doing the switcharoo!
No pictures at hand but Iwill get busy and take some for posterity.

:D 8) :D always like being nosey and looking at pics :D

Latest posts