Automatic M-Plate decoder

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Entong

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm creating an automatic M-Plate decoder for Bay Window and I'm looking for people who can try it and give me feedback to improve it.

This is the link to the --> M-Plate decoder <--

When your M-Plate is uncoded it give you all the informations found and a link like this :
Code:
[URL=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=908][IMG]http://www.vw-mplate.com/mcode_draw_mplate.php?id=302[/IMG][/URL]

If you copy this link into a forum, it give a picture of your M-Plate and a link to the uncoded informations. Like this :

Thanks to those can help me ;)

Just done mine, brilliant.

So now anyone who clicks on this can look at my Mcodes and how they decode.

This needs a sticky or some kind of link....

Justin & Muttley said:
Hi,
It looks great and you've done a grand job, but there's already one on the net (mentioned on this forum a couple of weeks ago!):

http://www.alltheprettybuses.com/_d_decoder.asp

Is it anything to do with you?

Obviously I like yours better though :D 8)

;)
I'm working on this project since several weeks and I discovered this other site just few days ago. It is interesting but frequently unavailable et approach is different. At first, my site was made for the french community but like most of the sources are in english I decided to let the possibility for the english community to use it.

I can understand than some of you prefer using the alltheprettybuses decoder and if you want you can delete this topic ;)

David.

I tried it with my m-plate details. All seemed good except that it didn't find "056" (Steering lock)

[EDIT]
Proving that it does now find 056 :)

M-CODES
M-CODE Description Concerned models From chassis number To chassis number
047 Back up light 211-268 211 2 300 000
056 Steering lock 211-274 219 300 001
130 Without steel sliding roof 241, 244
520 With sliding door on left and right side 211-244
543 Without seats in passenger compartment (3-seater)
[/EDIT]

I've now tried both, and have got different results,

Below is what I get from, alltheprettybuses.com

Production Date: May 25, 1968
Exported To: USA, Grand Rapids
Designation: Kombi
Engine KW (BHP): 35 (47)
Transmission Type: manual
Engine: 157
Transmission Code: -
Extras Code: -
Paint / Interior
Paint Scheme: Pearl White
Paint Codes: L87
Paint Notes: code for Westfalia campmobiles (type 23)
Interior Scheme:
Interior Material:
Interior Notes: This model has a special paint code which means no interior info is available
Options
697: Continental Tires
426: Specifications for the USA M020, M047, M102, sealed beem headlamps... (?)
A67: Westfalia Campmobile 67 A (SO67 interrior)
507: Vent wings in cab doors
517: Campmobile

All fairly similar, except for the important production date, APB giving me 1968 and Entong's site gives me 1969!?!?

So how do I know whos correct.

Also APB, can't highlight interior colour, which is given on Entong's.

I also like the Mcode plate link functionality, sweet.

Hi buddysbuddy,

I suppose that this is your MPlate :

If yes your chassis number (9218334) start by the number 9. 9 is for modelyear 1969 and a modelyer 1969 car can't be produced in May 1968 but only between August 1968 and July 1969.
The good date is May 25, 1969 ;)

Yeah thats what I thought, just thought it was worth highlighting the difference between yours and APB.com.

I like it, good work son!

J

mcvw said:
I tried it with my m-plate details. All seemed good except that it didn't find "056" (Steering lock)
Hi mcvw,

M055 is know as Steering lock option but I never saw the M056, perhaps the RHD version of the M056.
I'll investigate for this and give you feedback ;)

I have to say that today is the first time I've been able to access the APB site, as its constantly been unavailable for one reason or another...

its also not the first time a queery was raised over their dating...

Nice one Entong Liking the useability a lot, theres always room for another in the market place...

Entong I have added a locked thread on the FAQ with your link cheers, Araon

buddysbuddy said:
Yeah thats what I thought, just thought it was worth highlighting the difference between yours and APB.com.

I like it, good work son!

J
Thanks ;)

The production date for 68 and 69 Bay is easy to uncode, but it's realy more difficult since 1970 and generaly nobody give the good date, APB.com to. But mine is working correctly. :mrgreen:

Araon said:
I have to say that today is the first time I've been able to access the APB site, as its constantly been unavailable for one reason or another...

I have to agree with this - it's very temperamental!

I wasn't dissing your work, I'm truly very impressed - just thought you might want to know that there's another one out there 8)

;)

Justin & Muttley said:
I wasn't dissing your work, I'm truly very impressed - just thought you might want to know that there's another one out there 8)

;)
That's cool ;)

English writing have sometimes subtilities to me and misunderstanding can happen :mrgreen:

You think your english is bad, you should have heard my French when I was working in Calais :lol:

In the early days I would rehearse a piece blurt it out then shit myself when I got a response back in French that I didnt know.....

Great tool,easy to use - can't fault it.
The only thing that it can't tell me is what '39G' means! probably means 'comes with rust accelarator' :roll:

Entong said:
mcvw said:
Hi mcvw,

M055 is know as Steering lock option but I never saw the M056, perhaps the RHD version of the M056.
I'll investigate for this and give you feedback ;)

M055 - steering lock 1969
M056 - steering lock 1968
Is what the Molenaar bible says ;)

Latest posts