awnings and roofracks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippi

Reaction score
Seems a bit quite on this section at the mo, has no one got the awnings out yet :?: :lol: , anyway thought i would chuck my question in here anyway.
I currently use a figure of 8 attachment for the awning which i have cut two slots out of to go past the roof rack which seems to work ok. Thing is i would like a stronger fixing but cant see any way of using a pole and clamp, is anyone else using a roofrack with thier awning and how do you guys fix yours, any other ideas welcome.

Good question and it is a bit of a pain, but I fit mine to the van with a 2 bow creative rack and just remove the clamp that holds it to the gutter and it fits....just! Pole in the gutter and it only slightly sticks out by the rack and doesnt let water in. Ideally you need to cut and sew to suit, but this works for me 8)

This hadn't even occurred to me until I got to Vanwest last weekend.

I use the pole and clamp to attach it normally.

Thankfully the awning canvas channel you slot the pole through has some small cut outs where you would normally attach the clamp. These were in exactly the right place to line up with the roofrack clamps so I threaded the pole behind the rack clamps then back into the canvas. This did mean that I could only use 2 clamps to hold the pole to the van and both at the front but it held well.

I can't believe that for once something was actually simple!

For my awning i bougtht a reproduction of the westfalia rubber. This is sowed to the awning en clamps on to the gutter.
CRW_9515.jpg

CRW_9513.jpg

Latest posts