Banded steels on rear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very much depends on the offset. Actual width wise, not a problem. I am running 6J T4 steels on my bay with 10mm spacers to correct the offset. Best thing you can do is compare the offset against stock wheels, or better still, just try them out.

Ok cheers what's the difference in offset from stock 14" wide five bay steel' compared to 15 splitscreen wheels. Haven't got wheels yet, don't wont to buy and they don't fit!
Cheers

The offset is the difference between the back plate of the wheel hub and the centre of the rim in mm. I think the stock offset is ET39, not 100% certain on that. If the banded steels have the same offset it means that they extend equally inwards as outwards from the stock rim. To be honest I doubt whether the seller of the wheels will know the offset, you would be better off asking for the backspace measurement, that is the measurement from the back of the wheels hub plate to the back of the wheels rim, and compare that with your stock rims, then do some measuring on your bus as to whether you think they will work or not.

Useful link for you if you can get the offset, saves on the calculating. http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

If you are going to get them banded anyway you just might wan't to get the offset changed as well.
35 at the front would look pretty much stock, 25 in the back would give you a one inch deeper dish
an is the max offset you can go at the rear. So I have been told.

(actually that's exactly what I have lying in the cellar. Not painted and not even trial fitted them though.
I't will be a nightmare to get them legal in Germany, if at all possible. But that seems to be my problem,
not yours :cry: ...)

Latest posts