Barn find!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AxlFoley said:
You should be ashamed of yourself!! get it back on the road! lol

I am :(
Was gonna say I'd turned to the late bays as an excuse, but think having a crack habit would be easier to explain ;)

monkeyvanwestybike said:
At least its in the dry which is more than I can say for mine
Welcome back :D

Thanks!
Yeah it seems to have survived ok other than birds roosting(and shitting) on the roof racks...

Hi Loxy,

Quick question - how/where did you manage to find a roof rack to fit the front?
there's not much gutter ahead of the Dormi roofs?

Dave

davechorlton said:
Hi Loxy,

Dave
I believe the roof racks were bought from Dormobile at the time the conversion was performed, Original owner bought the bus from vw then took it straight to Dormobile to be converted. Had a quick look at the Dormobile brochure and it mentions a roof rack but isn't specific about front/rear fitting.
The front and rear match so were clearly made as a pair.

Loxy said:
davechorlton said:
Hi Loxy,

Dave
I believe the roof racks were bought from Dormobile at the time the conversion was performed, Original owner bought the bus from vw then took it straight to Dormobile to be converted. Had a quick look at the Dormobile brochure and it mentions a roof rack but isn't specific about front/rear fitting.
The front and rear match so were clearly made as a pair.

Cheers Loxy, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Great to see another Red Dormi back on the road. Mines off at the moment while I tackle a lot of rot. Not quite as much as your threads, but still finding more!

Dave

davechorlton said:
Cheers Loxy, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Great to see another Red Dormi back on the road. Mines off at the moment while I tackle a lot of rot. Not quite as much as your threads, but still finding more!

Dave

Think I saw the same front rack on a split once but I guess they weren't that popular as they aren't that big.

Hope that was Haveacampers Dormobile thread and not mine!!!!
Mines never been welded ;)
Edit: although I think it might need a little bit this year :(

Haveacamper said:
Nice find Loxy

I hope you are not still considering flipping this for a profit!! Didnt think you were that type of guy :D

Hmmm. Let's wait and see what happens when I get behind the wheel ;)

Glad to see you back on here Matt, its been a while :D

She runs! New battery and started no problem once the fuel got to the carbs.
Tyres pumped up, lights checked, only the horn isn't working, so looks like an MOT attempt on Friday :)

Latest posts