Battlesbridge show pics, inc ib-bus and his trophy :-)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
Chilled day at Battlesbridge, bit quiet, but a fiver a car is a bargain for a local day out :mrgreen:

lisa and nipper stayed home, so we are going back tommorow if the weathers good 8)

Met ib-bus, or Juan as i think his names spelt, he even took home a daily driver trophy, nice to meet you dude, hope your enjoying your vacation 8)

Only took a few pics, and nicked a couple of others off VZI :lol: :lol:

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

P1020505.jpg

ib-bus (juan) and his trophy

P1020511.jpg

P1020513.jpg

Hey Gary,

I saw your bus - but didn't see you at all.

It was my first time at Battlesbridge, and to be honest I felt somewhat disappointed. I appreciate it's a "lo-key" club show and is also only £5 entrance (per car), but I expected more bugs, buses etc in the "show area". Even the guy with the splitty that won had driven off :lol:

I'm not berating the show one bit, and I only really went cos I was collecting a middleseat from Hogseye (thanks again Nick), but was I missing the point? Does it get better tomorrow?

Funny thing was, a guy and his missus was chatting to me in the car parking area and they asked me, "did we miss the show?". Turns out they were looking to buy a camper (they'd viewed a '75 Devon for £4k), and it was their first VW show. I said they should check out earlybay as they could find a nice early for not much more :)

I mean, it'd be a shame if other newbies went to the show and went away with the wrong impression :?

Cheers,

Mike

mcvw said:
Hey Gary,

I saw your bus - but didn't see you at all.

It was my first time at Battlesbridge, and to be honest I felt somewhat disappointed. I appreciate it's a "lo-key" club show and is also only £5 entrance (per car), but I expected more bugs, buses etc in the "show area". Even the guy with the splitty that won had driven off :lol:

I'm not berating the show one bit, and I only really went cos I was collecting a middleseat from Hogseye (thanks again Nick), but was I missing the point? Does it get better tomorrow?

Funny thing was, a guy and his missus was chatting to me in the car parking area and they asked me, "did we miss the show?". Turns out they were looking to buy a camper (they'd viewed a '75 Devon for £4k), and it was their first VW show. I said they should check out earlybay as they could find a nice early for not much more :)

I mean, it'd be a shame if other newbies went to the show and went away with the wrong impression :?

Cheers,

Mike

saturday is always the quieter day, did seem more so today, maybe the weather forecast put peeps off

there where a lot in the camping area, rather than show n shine, it cost £2 to show and shine. Today was only daily drivers and rat/rod classes, i stuck mine in , in case other EBs turned up.

tommorow should be a lot busier, the main show and shine catagories are on sunday, and its always busy

you are right tho, it is low key, but its their 5th year and it does seem to be getting bigger each year ( today aside)

Garys right it is a young event but it is growing a cheap day out but the people who attend and trade are really nice I enjoyed it look forward to next year Frankie. ps cheers nick

It was nice to meet you Gary and Frankie , it was a small show I would say but very well organized, good food, cold beers, secure site, vendors, and very big camping area. I was told that sunday was the best day too, I have to say I had fun and bought me some bits since the wife stayed at the hotel :mrgreen:
Here are some of my pictures

Battlesbridgeshow003Large.jpg

Battlesbridgeshow005Large.jpg

Battlesbridgeshow008Large.jpg

Battlesbridgeshow086Large.jpg

Battlesbridgeshow091Large.jpg

Araon said:
Nice one Juan.... I know I dont believe I said that....

Is Dagboy paranoid about his fuel gauge?

he he - your not wrong, cant resist going through the dump and picking up a jerry can :D (usually on the look out for raleigh burners though)

Latest posts