• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bay Narrowed Beam Plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pye1man

Reaction score
Cnc cut from 10mm Mild Steel Plate £37 posted :D

also have split too

Hi
will they fit a split beam?I want to fit one on my 70 bay.

Daz

Bondo said:
Hi
will they fit a split beam?I want to fit one on my 70 bay.

Daz

Hi Daz,

Yes any early bay beam wil fit in a split so I cant see any reason why you cant go the otherway! Do you have disc's of drums i.e wide five or small five..

Cheers

Andy

Hi
The beam is from a split so wide 5 and the bay is also wide 5 but the end plates are not the same as split.Whats the next show you ere going to.

Daz

Split beams will fit all earlybays up to aug 69 AFAIK, (exactly the same bolt pattern).

If you want to fit a split beam to a 70 and later bus you will require adapters to be welded to it, as the pattern is slightly wider. There are a few traders selling them on here, Airkraft is one i think?

Johnny said:
Split beams will fit all earlybays up to aug 69 AFAIK, (exactly the same bolt pattern).

If you want to fit a split beam to a 70 and later bus you will require adapters to be welded to it, as the pattern is slightly wider. There are a few traders selling them on here, Airkraft is one i think?

Yeah thanks for that!

The tubes are a different diameter on late bays and centres differ too....but I have the plates you need Daz, I'll be up MSBM some time if can wait or post no worries either way...

cheers

Andy

hello Andy

i'm interested in a pair of the plates, will they fit a '72? and where abouts in our sunny aircooled land are you?

Steve :eek:

Big Red said:
hello Andy

i'm interested in a pair of the plates, will they fit a '72? and where abouts in our sunny aircooled land are you?

Steve :eek:

Hi Steve,

Yes I've got plates for your 72 and I'm in Gloucestershire....

Cheers

Andy

bugfez said:
ill have a set of plates off you for a 72 bay, do you accept paypal?
37 quid posted?

I do but you will have to add 5% for their rip off fees...Also please confirm your stud pattern i.e wide or small five....

Cheers

Andy

bugfez said:
its small 5 pattern, 72 rhd servo braked bay
39 quid posted?

yes mate :) :D paypal details: pye1man (@) hotmail.com (remove spaces & brackets)

cheers

Andy

mankywelshman said:
hi loxy, pye1man is currently in the good ole u.s. of a. he should be back by the weekend, i'm sure he's still got some :wink: :D

Cheers Sim (tried every where for chocolate tooth paste to no avail :cry: ) , I'm back! yes I have plenty of sets, how many are your after Loxy

cheers

Andy

Latest posts