• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bay Rev Counter in dash Pod. Top Quality. Poss Group Buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chance to see these units up close at busfest yesterday. I was suprised to hear that they were selling them unsealed without glass or the grey taper ring which sits on the outside. Neither of the sales reps knew that late bays had no glass at all and neither had a taper ring. They released this product onto the market without doing their homework. Happy to take your money 6 weeks ago before they had even tested their product and send out something that wasn't complete. I'm also suprised to see this tacho doesn't have the Smith's branding on the face which they said all of the tachs would have. When questioned about the sudden change in design to resemble my tachometer they had no clear response. (see prototype on 1st page) What more can I say.

I'm confused here, I missed this thread due to being busy but I've got in my possession one of the tachos that Chris (aspro) has produced and offered on this forum that a customer has bought and wants me to fit it.
It's of superb quality so I'm a little confused why someone else is trying to do the same thing when there's already an excellent product already available from a forum member.
What am I missing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for reporting back wannabay. Mine arrived yesterday. Looks great but the wiring instructions don't make much sense to me! - I see a bit of head scratching coming up this weekend!

Phil, are you selling these, in which case what is the cost -perhaps you could edit your first post or put up a new thread.

Will the company making these consider providing glass and the ring and also, do you need to supply any parts e.g needle / round bezel / screws?

If does look good and I am interested, certainly the needle is correct for the bus and the face looks good.

Graham L said:
I'm confused here, I missed this thread due to being busy but I've got in my possession one of the tachos that Chris (aspro) has produced and offered on this forum that a customer has bought and wants me to fit it.
It's of superb quality so I'm a little confused why someone else is trying to do the same thing when there's already an excellent product already available from a forum member.
What am I missing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Chris started the ball rolling, but then all went quiet for a little while due to him being a bit busy with this and that. This thread started up which was offering a group buy, but actually turned out to be the thread starter sorting himself out and then putting up the details of the company making them and we were to get in touch directly with them... In the meantime, Chris got his act together and is now offering the excellent items that you have 1 off in your possession... This thread now pops up now and again, you pays your money, you takes your choice!

You are now up to date... I'm sure my brief history has missed out a few things, and I don't mean to offend anyone if I have...

Now we need somebody to make a digital / programmable speedometer to match... like this one but for the EB: http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Smiths-Digital-Speedo-120-KM-OE-Style-Face-T2-67-AC957023_act_shop.product_pID_142990593_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should be doable? Feasible? What do you think? I would love a speedo that I can program so it reads true. With slam tires mine is out by about 20%.

I was seriously considering a GPS speedo a while ago... Might still do it one day, but for now ill use the app on my phone to gauge where the important speeds are 30/40/50...

Shorty said:
I was seriously considering a GPS speedo a while ago... Might still do it one day, but for now ill use the app on my phone to gauge where the important speeds are 30/40/50...

Yeah I just use my satnav which has GPS speed counter on it. What troubles me though is the Odometer reading more than anything. My insurance policy is limited mileage (classic cover) and I don't need the mileage ticking over any faster than normal.

Shorty said:

Hold on, you missed out 70 !!!!!! Ha ha

Humphrey said:
Shorty said:

Yeah I just use my satnav which has GPS speed counter on it. What troubles me though is the Odometer reading more than anything. My insurance policy is limited mileage (classic cover) and I don't need the mileage ticking over any faster than normal.

Same reason for me, I don't want to rack up the miles that I'm not doing..
Jon

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts