Bay Single cab joins the family

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stutz

Reaction score
So after buying a double cab not too long ago while trollling the interweb I also bumped into this single cab ....... WHICH I COULD NOT LET GO PASSED! The owner was thinking of exporting her out of South Africa so I bought it on the spot even though I haven't actually seen it with own eyes. We can't let you Brits have ALL our VW's. :roll:

The owner says it's a '72 but it looks like a '71 to me. I'll check the plate when I go fetch it. I will be doing an 1800km trip from Durban to Cape Town in the car so that should test her mettle. By the way that's in South Africa for those who don't know.

She needs a little work here and there and there were some cheapskate repairs made by the previous owner but I will undo those and replace with all original parts and panels again. I think I will attack this one's resto first and then tackle the DC after.

The interior is unreal and just needs a nice clean up and to lose the sheepskin covers. I love those safety belts man!

I think this one is going to be a beaut once it's done.

Some of the photo's are lousy but I never took them so they will have to do for now until I can go and fetch it.

DSCF2008_resize.jpg

DSCF2029_resize.jpg

DSCF2022_resize.jpg

DSCF2021_resize.jpg

DSCF2017_resize.jpg

DSCF2016_resize.jpg

DSCF2020_resize.jpg

DSCF2014_resize.jpg

DSCF2013_resize.jpg

DSCF2026_resize.jpg

DSCF2025_resize.jpg

DSCF2027_resize.jpg

DSCF2010_resize.jpg

Sweet single you've found there! Definitely a 71 (no flare on the front fender), was probably first registered in 72.

Port Shepstone = RUST. I hope she's not hiding any nastiness.

I'll start keeping a lookout for a treasure chest hatch for you.

Yesterday I took delivery of her sibling ... watch this space ... 8)

fig said:
Port Shepstone = RUST. I hope she's not hiding any nastiness.
Fig, according to the owner he has only had it for 8 months. He bought it from the original owner who is in his late 80's. He never mentioned if the chap he bought it from was from PS. Hopefully not. :?

Either way ......... a good find we both agree.

Tnx re the hatch. And I can't wait to see your new addition. First dibs when you sell her!!!! :lol: (Ernstig hoor) ;)

Latest posts