• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bay window search

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay008

Reaction score
Hi

After a holiday in a 1973 hire camper I am on the search for my first bay window. I have up to £9000 to spend on one, I am open to all types really, we would want to use it for shows, days out and some camping at weekends. I would preferably prefer RHD. I live in Sussex but would travel for something worth a look at.

Any advice from experienced camper owners much appreciated!

Cheers

Hiya Jay, welcome to the forum, you will find plenty of info on this site that will help. Best bit of advice i have is to take you time and dont rush into anything. Took me the best part of a year to get a van but the wait was worth it and got a good un[famous last words]. Got mine from T2d and would recommend them. Would also be worth you speaking to Graham from Midland Early bay and Scott at VW classics who both have an excellent reputation and are on here a lot. Scott does RHD imports and Graham has both i think. Guess one final thing is that when i first started looking i was set on RHD but after reading loads of threads on here and other forums i decided i could get a better bus for the same money[had about the same amount as you] if i went for a LHD import that is rust free. Unless you like welding of course :D :D :D

hello there.. my mother has a 1971 devon conversion early bay for sale.. the van is in Lewes so maybe not too far from you,,
its a lovely camper and solid.. i think she is asking slightly more than your top price (9900) but It is well worth a look,,
recon engine less than 10k ago
stronge gearbox - drives beautifully
solid underneatth
good bodywork
original camping interior

have had great times in her and wish i had the money to buy her,,

anyway not sure where it is advertised but here is her number 01273 478 365,, her name is Meg

good kuck with your search,, cheers, rowan.

hi bud

where in sussex are you?

you could also check out southern kombi boys who are in hooe east sussex if sack's bus above doesnt fit you

http://www.skpvw.co.uk/Vehicles%20for%20Sale.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and there are plenty of buses around for sale too, one that stick in mind at the moment is ballbags one on here,
its a bit more than you have but its a cool bus worth the money

Hi m8

I have a nice 1968 Bay For Sale that is in really good nic, still runs strong on the original engine and has a lot of originality. I restored him 5years ago in his original color. Im sad to see him go but we just don't use him enough for his purpose.

I have it listed on here for £9,975 but I am open to offers. It hasn't got a camping interior but I had one in it & it worked perfectly and like I said I'm open to offers if you need to free up cash to add one.

Take a look at the link below there's plenty of pictures

http://s751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/mamu2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

Matty

is rhd really that important.When it comes to the money rhd are typically 30-40% more expensive.This is due directly to the high shipping costs from south africa and australia and also the fact that these two countries don`t seem to understand the term recession and in fact the local markets are starting to outstrip the uk market.
Left hookers offer far more bus for the money( what a great salesman i am!) and if you and the mrs can get your head around it then i strongly suggest you go that route on your budget.That said i could get a late bay tintop rhd for your budget! :roll:

Try MEB, Grahams a nice fella and will talk you through a 9K bus .... shop with confidence....

As Scott says a RHD early from the SA has the obvious surcharges and desireability linked to it LHD aint that difficult to get used to if its a full window bus a panel then I'd have to consider driving with a passenger everywhere I went :lol:

Hi m8 sorry bout delay my internet is down so not getting on to much at the mo! Im located in Nuneaton just outside of Coventry. Easy of the M6 junction 3. If you do want some more info pls give me a bell on 07866579898

Cheers

Matty

Latest posts