Beam size

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ground hugger

Reaction score
Hello
If you swap your ball joint beam with a standard k&l beam,how much narrower will the track be :?:

A slamwerks narrowed k&l beam is 4.5 inch........4.5 inch less than what :?: A standard balljoint beam or a standard k&l beam :?:

Cheers...Dave

4.5 narrower than a k&l, k&l beams are narrower than bj beams anyway but when fully built up hub nut to nut they issnt much in it.

Been told it's 4.5" narrower than a bay (balljoint) beam because it's the same width as a 4" narrowed split beam but a K&L beam is 10mm narrower than a balljoint beam to start with.

But, as Radish says, it's a few mill on each side whichever is true so it's not going to make much difference :D

As I remember it (I'm pissed on G&T at the mo) your 71 is 12mm wider at the hubs all ready (over a drum brake model) so if the the 70 > beam is 10mm narrower then it stands at -22mm so I'm guessing that (by the way I'm tying my Nappa in knots right now) they are working on 4.5 narrower than a ball joint drum brake which makes yours even more fucking tucked in (in comparrison to a 72) (and makes my initial line regarding 12mm narrower completely fucking pointless.....

why did I respond?

what did I just type?

Shit my head is now hurting need more Gin and Tonic

Araon said:
As I remember it (I'm pissed on G&T at the mo) your 71 is 12mm wider at the hubs all ready (over a drum brake model) so if the the 70 > beam is 10mm narrower then it stands at -22mm so I'm guessing that (by the way I'm tying my Nappa in knots right now) they are working on 4.5 narrower than a ball joint drum brake which makes yours even more fucking tucked in (in comparrison to a 72) (and makes my initial line regarding 12mm narrower completely fucking pointless.....

why did I respond?

what did I just type?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Araon said:

why did I respond?

what did I just type?

:lol: :lol: :D Cheers Guys think I've got it now and know where Im going :D well sort of.Looking at it anything narrower than 42mm per side I'm going to want the torsion arms narrowing anyway to clear the endplates.........Dave

Latest posts