Before & After.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scutch

Reaction score
I've only had "Betty Blu" for 2 weeks now and done quite a bit to her... New canvas roof, new seals for all doors, New JK Rock & Roll Bed hand built, New Cooker/sink in a custom made curved unit by me, new number plates, New Aerial, Eyelids, VW badge, full "Noise Killer" sound Proofing (very Heavy), and loads of other little bits and bobs! Still more to do though.....

This is how she was when the PO had her:

KGrHqZnQE-rncRbBP82QYQLw60_3.jpg

T2eC16NysE9sy0hYPRBP82QTvpQg60_3.jpg

This is What she looks like now....

WP_001814.jpg

WP_001820.jpg

She just need Lowering a little now.... Better start saving the pennys!!!!

Lovely bus mate. Really like the colour combination and the wheel are bang on.

Nice clean looking van there mate, lets see some more shots.
Got any of the work on the roof canvas?

Dormobile's are the bestest :D

Thanks everyone. Iv got before and after pics of the roof I'll upload them later when I get the chance. Iv had her up on ramps and she's been patched up quite a bit and the welding is crap. So gona av some fun in her this summer then in winter get some proper panels welded in. I'm a welder by trade to its nice and cheap for me ;)

Looks a beauty! Nice work so far....

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Cool van ! would look even cooler if it were a bit closer to the ground :msn4:

Sorry for the Delay people, I cant find the lead for my camera and I got pics of the old roof on it. So for the time being I've got some photos with the roof off and the new one fitted on from my phones camera!

Old roof off.....

roof.jpg

roof1.jpg

New roof on.... I went for plain cream because it matches the interior better.....

WP_001830.jpg

WP_001829.jpg

WP_001828.jpg

Next on the list is to have it lowered a little......

ATM im just in the making of a new curved seating, then to vinyl it, then off to VWWhiteNoise this weekend...
WP_001836.jpg

WP_001838.jpg

Thats a hidden Chest Fridge in the square bit...... not quite finished yet, i need to put vent in it and redo the top!

WP_001839.jpg

just realised iv never updated this page when i done finished it!!!

Before.....

DSC00783_zps95dff83c.jpg

DSC00784_zps8bd59170.jpg

Heres some pics of how the inside is now......

WP_001987_zps0f5f90ec.jpg

WP_001978_zps80eb9e1d.jpg

WP_001973_zpscc686b54.jpg

WP_001971_zps6616fbd6.jpg

Hope you like it!!

Cheers
Lee

Cool bus. Love the interior.

How are you finding the noise killer sound proofing? Considering using them for my bus.

Supertramp said:

How are you finding the noise killer sound proofing? Considering using them for my bus.

Thanks Supertramp

I found Noise Killer made a massive difference, i got the whole lot apart from the roof! But be warned it is very heavy.... i was quite shocked on how heavy it was, but on the plus side though it works really well and it also acts as an heat insulator! :)
If i got another bus i would deff use it again!

Interior looks fantastic & lots of seating space 8)
Poptop canvas looks nice too, cracking progress !,!

Scutch said:
Supertramp said:

Thanks Supertramp

I found Noise Killer made a massive difference, i got the whole lot apart from the roof! But be warned it is very heavy.... i was quite shocked on how heavy it was, but on the plus side though it works really well and it also acts as an heat insulator! :)
If i got another bus i would deff use it again!

Cheers for the info. So did you get the £300 set? Did it cover all the floors or was there any left for side panels etc?
I was thinking of dynamat (or similar) in the side panels and noise killer in the cab, cargo floor and over the engine bay. Also thinking of getting the roof egg box stuff as we're having a new headliner.

Is your bus reasonably quiet now? I can barely hear myself think at the moment.

The curved seating is a really cool idea too (I may steal it).

Latest posts