Bert, my 70 deluxe adventurewagen

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshy

Reaction score
Hi all, thought it was time to make a restoration thread, his name is Bert from Cali, plan so far is to just get engine going and mot before March as can use awning (then gotta sell my t25 to fund an interior), progress will be a tad slow in the forthcoming weeks as getting married in 2 weeks and honeymoon money was redirected to buy Bert lol

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/Marshy1975/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsogycozcf.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi and welcome :)

Looking forward to the change and I hope your wedding day goes without a hitch ;)

Thanks Andy, hopefully see you at some shows next year as u practically a neighbour! I'm Sheffield

Congrats on the purchase mate , lovely looking van !!!

Used our honeymoon fund to buy my project too lol.
Puts the pressure on doesn't it ???

In Wakefield too if you need help

Just up the road then lol, sure I may be asking a few questions shortly!

Very cool!
Congratulations on the honeymoon fund diversion too... How'd you pull that off?!

In a similar position, in that I need to sell my current bus to fund work on the bay. Mrs is still coming round to the idea :roll:
What have you got planned for the interior?

It helps when the missus is onto it as well, both thought that to spend 2k on a week in the sun or put towards something we can use every weekend and have a little bit of history- no contest !

Interior is miles away as yet but need to have storage as we plan on using quite often, thinking oak units full length, wasn't sure about headlining, still debating ply or perforated vinyl, I'm hoping to do everything myself and not sure if headlining is easy to fit

Hi mate, you got yourself a doozy of a project there :D am i right in thinking this is the one for sale at Skegvegas?

Spent a while looking at it if so, looked a good project for the money.

Theres something about them Adventurewagons......i'd love one but the Mrs says otherwise! :shock:

Good luck with it and keep us all posted.......we do like a photo on here! :lol:

Hi 66nige, your correct, it was the one at skegvegas, he took our fancy straight away (I like the unusual), it's not too big a restoration, mechanics and interior I can sort, body work not my thing but fortunately he's a solid bus

Another purchase, great bargain of eBay and I like the colour/pattern

Wedding day has been and gone, now for some serious work on the van and get through mot, today was a mini milestone (for me anyways) as got majority of wiring something like and now have some power! Headlights switch lights indicators and indicators on permanently mind you but hope that's just a bad connection/earth.
Got working wipers and tailgate light tho :)

Saturday should be d day for turning engine over and fitting new shocks etc, hopefully mot in next month (fingers crossed)

Productive day today, engine out and started stripping for rebuild (thanks to my brother), can now sort out tank, fuel lines and painting inside while engine being sorted. Whole stripping found 2 snake skins!!

Checking fuel tank today to see state of it considering fuel hoses are shot, nice surprise to see a quite new tank!! Result

Stripped engine today, thankfully everything looks spot on, looks like it has had a rebuild at some stage so everything good. So easier job of strip, clean and rebuild.

Good to see another adventurewagen in Sheffield,had mine about five years and still not seen the road.fingers crossed on the road next year.Good luck with yours.

Hi ice cream man, great to know another one in Sheffield, you got any pics?

Think I still have the ones when I bought it somewhere.The roof is off at the moment so I could get it in the garage.Mines a 71 deluxe with the full length hi top unlike yours that has the luggage rack at the rear.Came with no interior but have got a full Westy interior to go in and have built a 4 inch narrowed king and link pin front beam with adjusters and dropped spindles so should run pretty low.Looks like you have the same issues with yours as mine with the clunky steering,ignition switch and my wiring is a total mess.

Latest posts