Bert, my 70 deluxe adventurewagen

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all good fun! Have to admit I'm loving doing everything on the van and can't wait till he's on the road. Starting to think interiors and first thing is insulation and what kind of lining to do in the high top, so far I'm stumped

Was thinking of selling mine to buy a splitty but just love how different they are.Saw one in Scarborough a few weeks back same as yours and it made my mind up to keep mine.Mine had nothing inside when I got it and was wondering the same about what to do with the roof,will have to let me know if you come up with anything.

Noticed that I haven't any pics of bus at my house and missus sneaked a few shots whilst I was tinkering

Was looking at your thread, looking at the hay bales outside the marquee in Skegness Vegas to see if I'm there getting drunk and wondering to buy Bert, we had a good vantage point from the bales and numerous beers helped :)

Marshy said:
Was looking at your thread, looking at the hay bales outside the marquee in Skegness Vegas to see if I'm there getting drunk and wondering to buy Bert, we had a good vantage point from the bales and numerous beers helped :)

beer always helps :lol: :lol: :lol: you made the right decision cool bus 8)

Learnt how to weld this weekend so put my new skills to fixing new battery tray and hole in floor finally fixed! Engine bay now sorted so painted inside, nearly ready for engine putting back in! Feels like a corner has been turned and now putting things back!

Haven't posted in a while, been busy both work and van. Engine is now fully stripped, everything cleaned and painted where needed, turns out the engine has been rebuilt by a company called jcs (stamped in heads) and everything looks great internally (phew!). Can now spend elsewhere so new interior coming next week so started to repaint the cargo floor before insulting and flooring goes in, feels like it's coming together pretty quick now.
image_zpsibrijzwe.jpeg
[/url]

Productive weekend :), managed to get draglink, steering coupling and anti roll bushes fitted, shocks will have to be another day! Painted cargo floor in Savannah beige, bottom end of engine now rebuilt, interior has arrived too, also had time to insulate the high top (now looks like a spaceship!)

Cheers, got to work fast, rumour has it an early bay meeting soon! Would like to get on the road to meet some of you

Thanks Andy, hopefully in bus soon so I don't need to winch up and down drive to do work on him!

As weather been rubbish (didn't fancy getting wet) removed bulkhead and replaced with new. Needs painting then interior can start :)

Latest posts