Bert, my 70 deluxe adventurewagen

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And got a birthday present, not fitting till tomorrow (birthday) but trial fitted to see what it looks like, and I like it!

Marshy said:
And got a birthday present, not fitting till tomorrow (birthday) but trial fitted to see what it looks like, and I like it!

Suites the can well :D

Oh and happy birthday 8)

Despite weather, managed to get engine back in the bus, turned over on starter motor but didn't fire, then didn't turn, expecting battery drained or a loose wire, but sure that engine will work. Also found out gear stick is fubar so needs looking at!

Managed to get vinyl cut ready for gluing in (tomorrow's job), today's job was to get engine running.....and am glad to say that engine now running a treat, sounds lovely and am so glad it's running after being stood for 10 years.
Exhaust fitted too.

Not done too much in last couple of weeks, managed to get rock and roll bed fitted. Hopefully will get suspension sorted this weekend.

Spent 1/2 hour fitting throttle linkage, then 4hours trying to get accelerator cable through tube! Major head rush being under van so long, 46 years of crap blocking it!
Finally sorted so now I can drive the bus up and down the drive finally, winch can be discarded.

Why are the easiest jobs so difficult :)

I got 2 (in the hope that I get him running soon so maybe need a spare), only advice I can give is to use loads of brake cleaner and use some gloves (cut a few times on fuel clamps!), the carb end of the cable is quite a snug fit in the tube front to back so make sure no acclimated dirt stops it, when out above gearbox its s doddle

Finally weather good for once so got on with things, thanks to brothers and friends got shocks changed, tie rod finished (was a real pain in the ass, broke a puller and ended up cutting old one off and drilling out) also managed to get flasher working, new indicator relay sorted and now us spec rear lighting now uk spec, indicators now in reverse lenses, all wiring in engine bay now renewed.

Productive day me thinks :)

Finally sorted dust covers for ball joints, drums checked, cleaned and bled, all electrics now sorted. Only thing left to do before mot is sort the horn.
Hopefully will book test next Saturday.

This is looking great!

Absolutely love those high tops - if I'd known I was going to be having a little one when I bought my tin top I'd have bought one of them instead!

Cheers guys, hoping to get registered soon! Wouldn't have got far without this forum

Not posted for a while, still been working on bert, whilst mechanicals and electrical work are temporary stalled, decided to get bert watertight, so new seals for all doors and hatches, front quarter lights removed and refurbed, and changed all the door window seals and Crome bits.
Needed new lock mechanisms so got then from a member (thanks arwel) and put in a new (or old!) window winder mechanism. Now got nice watertight window and it now works :). So fitted the door cards etc to nKe it look a bit more like a campervan. Only passenger side to do now and all the window seals!

The green chair is getting recovered in the orange/beige to match the door cards and rock and roll bed, just a little trimming to do on them, can't grumble as I bought the whole lot for 50 quid :)

Latest posts