My 70

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dombutler

Reaction score
Hi, my name's Dom and I live in Portugal. I have had this bus since moving here in 2003 and I need to get it back on the road and need some motorvation...

anyway, here is my 70
029.jpg

Funny, it started life as a panel, same as the 69 I used to own. That bus was sold to a person called Grazy, apparently he is on here.

It was sold with the windows cut in the side and nowdays it has a 'bad' copy of a westfaliure, especially the roof 'really heavy' and not to mention the 3/4 faced chipboard interior. Who needs lowering adjusters with all that weight??
028.jpg

I bought it off a bank clerk, he gave me the biggest glass of port (like 1/2 a pint) before I drove it off into the sunset. I soon realised that the mechanics were not so good, brakes were shot and the engine had a drinking problem.
The best bit I like the conversion is the fact that the fron luggage tray on the roof has no drain holes. So, wind your window down and take a sharp corner-to get a free hairwash!!!

The front seats are not too bad, is it a deluxe??
030.jpg

the tag behind the seat has been stonechipped at some point
031.jpg

Got a new engine to go in, bought off eBay, the wife has given me 3 weeks to get this back on the road, gulp...
032.jpg

backs got late lights on, uggh
036.jpg

I need to get rid of some these holes..
039.jpg

engine bay is clean
037.jpg

038.jpg

So, apparently I have three weeks to get this roadworthy. I need to fix the brakes, fit the engine and buy some tyres and a battery. Sounds simple? hope so, as long as I have all the parts, but need to stick at it...
and it hasn't been on the road since 2005 when I bought a nice panel
Cheers,
Dom.

Thanks for the comments, guys. keep them coming.

Got the front jacked up at the moment. I want to fit late discs with the wide 5 adapters I have, but just realised I don't have the caliper metal line and bracket that fits to the ball joint- anyone got these or know where I can get some. Otherwise it is stock brakes.
013-9.jpg

Only got rear light backs for now, so those sick lights will have to wait.
010-8.jpg

Cleaned up the front indicators though, that's progress :lol:
012-8.jpg

turns out I have 2 R intstead of R and L. :roll:

Latest posts