Best throttle linkage (carb end)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Sam*

Reaction score
Hi all
What are your views on throttle linkages ? Hex bar or bell crank ? Which brand and why one is better than the other.
I have been told by a mate that his bell crank was not great and the idle would change with engine temp, this linkage was an unknown brand tho.

The application is on dellorto 40s

Cheers
Sam

I've got the CSP bellcrank style on my 34 ICTs, seems to work perfectly once you fit the optional spring to the centre swivel(you have to buy it separately).

I've also heard good things about the vintage speed best linkage, which appears to come with a substantial return spring than the optional one for the CSP one. http://www.vintagespeed.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=186&category_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=119&vmcchk=1&Itemid=119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The alternative for the ICT's is an Empi Hex Bar (which I had previously) and it was poor to say the least, slop in nearly every joint.

Not sure what the problem is with the idle changing on some bellcranks, as long as the idle speed is set by the screws on the carbs and not held open by the throttle cable I can't see how it would change. Mine has been fine but I always set the throttle cable with just a little bit of slack, so maybe that is allowing enough expansion of the engine without lifting the butterfly's off the stop.

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

^^^ what he just said. I've run a hex for quite a few years. I got a nice bell crank ready to fit when the motor is out next. I'll then be in a better position to tell you about the differences. They both work but maybe and hopefully the bell crank will be noticeably superior.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Hope so anyway :mrgreen:

CSP Bellcrank for me used in-conjunction with Buttys throttle kit - it is smooth and works perfect
Used on twin 34ICT's :D

I have a CSP bell crank with a buttys linkage working my 48's. Works perfectly although I did have to put extra springs on the carbs. The optional return Spring wasn't sold when I got mine

Another CSP Bellcrank here, no slack or slop.
Did have a CB hex linkage, but it flexed in the centre where the throttle cable attached and I was disappointed with the amount of slack due to the joints.

Latest posts